It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Discoloration on upper lip??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #16
    dixie2
    (female)

dixie2 HB User
    Question Re: Discoloration on upper lip??

I also have the upper lip discoloration.I used to get my tan form the Tanning Bed and i stopped due to the discoloration. Guess what I laid out in the sun this weekend and used sun block only on my upper lip and now it is darker than ever.I have always taking BC and this just started this year...HELP PLEASE!!::

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #17
    diamond15
    (female)

diamond15 HB User
    Re: Discoloration on upper lip??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcd1971 View Post
    My aesthetician said that it's from a hormones. = (

The Obagi worked for me. The Obagi and the Retin A. I suggest it.
    where i can get the obagi cause i think i have the same problem .... my hormones but i never use birth control please help me i need to know where i can find that product thank you and write back please

Old 09-26-2007, 05:38 AM   #18
    diamond15
    (female)

diamond15 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Discoloration on upper lip??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcd1971 View Post
    I've been using Obagi Nu-Derm with Retin A and it has cleared up my discoloration. It was caused by birth control. = (
    I still have to use Retin A a few more weeks, but the Obagi will become a daily routine. I'm so happy that my face is returning to normal.

i really need your help i have this discolaration on my upper lip i try every thing sun block ,bleach ,cream i went to my doctor he gave a cream and it does work i think i have a probleme qith my hormones... i need too know where i can find this cream obagi nu-derm with retin a please i need too know where i can buy it thank you

reply back

Last edited by diamond15; 09-26-2007 at 05:39 AM.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #19
    MoonLight0
    Inactive
    (female)

MoonLight0 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by katidid95 View Post
    If you wax (which I do) you MUST wear sun block for a few days after (or just avoid sun) or it can make your skin dark there. The skin is especially sensitive right after waxing. I actually learned this from a friend who had her upper lip waxed on a Friday, then was in the sun on Sat. without enough (or any) sun block and got a little shadow. It did eventually fade.

For MoonLight: If you wear foundation, can you buy one 1-2 shades darker just to wear there?
    I do have a foundation that is a couple of shades darker and I wear it only when I tan my body (and not my face - don't need wrinkles). I use the foundation to match my face with my body. The discoloration isn't that noticable, however, unless I don't wear any makeup at all... even then most people probably wouldn't notice it (but I do, heh). It's mostly selfconsciousness for most of us, I think. And much of it has to do with hormones and/or birthcontrol.

Last edited by MoonLight0; 09-26-2007 at 02:05 PM.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:28 PM   #20
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User

It may be from past sun exposure. I had something similiar (still kinda have it) but it was red. The best thing you can do is get IPL its a laser that rids the skin of discolration from freckles, broken caps, redness etc. I noticed a dramatic result after one session. It can be pricey however it works, also you end up spending a ton on creams that end up not working thus a waste of money.

Closed Thread