It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• ?'s on Bleach my Hair *MALE*haha

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
    TriKyShoT
    (male)

TriKyShoT HB User
    Exclamation ?'s on BleachinG my Hair *MALE*haha

yeaH well i was wondering what product would work best without have to get it done profesh. I have really really SHORT Black hair like 1 CM LONG and idea's?

Last edited by TriKyShoT; 02-13-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2007, 11:43 PM   #2
    angelik_pistol
    (female)

angelik_pistol HB User
    Re: ?'s on BleachinG my Hair *MALE*haha

are u wanting platinum blonde? theres another thread here about how to get that, since your hair is black your hair will just turn yellow or more brassy with boxes from a drug store. u can still do your hair at home, i copy and pasted this from the other thread to save u trouble but u shud cheack it out for other tips.
    Quote:
    Go to a professional beauty supply store and get a High Lift blonde shade designed specifically for brunettes (they will specify this on the box) and a 20 or 30 developer. If it still turns out a little brassy, a toner can easily fix that, also found in the beauty supply store.
    quoted from yekcoh4

Old 02-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
    desertdweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

desertdweller HB User
    Re: ?'s on Bleach my Hair *MALE*haha

I was a hairdresser for 20 years, so let me give you some pointers. Be sure to test an area of you skin before you try bleaching. Nothing worse than horrible red burn marks around your hairline! If your hair is really dark, high lift tint is only made to lift up to four shades, and can leave your hair very brassy looking. I wouldn't use high lift tint. Here's what you do:

*PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE RULES ONLY APPLY FOR VERY SHORT HAIR, ABOUT AN INCH LONG, IF YOUR HAIR IS LONGER, GO TO A PROFESSIONAL!

Buy ON THE SCALP powdered bleach form the beauty supply store and 20 volume peroxide, follow mixing directions for the bleach. Use gloves, and by a mixing bowl or bottle, and a tint brush. Apply it to the back of your hair first, since it's the darkest, and work your way forward. You will feel some uncomfortable tingling and slight burning ( if it REALLY burns, take it off, your scalp is too sensitive to bleach). You need to let your hair lighten to a very pale lemon yellow. Just looking at in the mirror with the bleach on your hair is deceiving, so take an damp towel ( one that can be ruined), rub off some of the bleach, and test a piece of your hair to see if it's pale yellow. If your hair still isn't very pale yellow after 30 min., rinse the bleach out of your hair, remix, and apply again. It's important to get your hair to pale yellow before toning, or it will still look brassy.
    After your hair has lightened enough, shampoo, rinse, and towel dry. Don't freak out, your hair will look pretty unnatural at this point. Apply a toner of your choice ( ash blond, beige blond, platinum blond) and mix following directions. The toner will turn a very weird color as it sits, so the same rule applies. Wipe off a test strip of hair and look at the tone, if it's not the tone you like yet, keep the toner on longer. Wash and condition once the tone is the right color.

Have fun!

Closed Thread