It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Deep wrinkles...Saggy jaw

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-12-2007, 04:38 AM   #1
    ICC
    Inactive
    (female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
    Deep wrinkles...Saggy jaw

Hi all..........I have pretty good skin for being min my 50's. A couple of very fine crows feet that don't bother me but I have noticed a deep wrinkle in between my brows. Also I feel my jaw line and neck could use a bit of an uplift. I have a closet full of creams and cosmetics that I don't like or use. Would like to use one product line but haven't found anything I like. My foundation ( I have tried BE and just bought a cream) and they both seem to land in this deep crease. Is there a product line out there for aging skin that has a good moistuizer, foundation, and maybe even a deep wrinkle filler? All idea will be appreciated. Even if i have to buy from different product lines it's not a biggie but would like some recommendation for the 3 products I am having no luck with. Thanks to all.

ICC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
    eve40
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

eve40 HB User
    Re: Deep wrinkles...Saggy jaw

Creams won't solve these problems. You would be looking at Fraxel laser as your least invasive fix and a face life as your most invasive one. Fillers would plump the line, but do nothing for the sagging.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:46 AM   #3
    ICC
    Inactive
    (female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

thanks eve.......I actually have a skin care place 5 minutes away that is starting a non-invasive procedure for saggy skin. It's not bad yet but I see the difference. I guess I'll give them a call.

ICC

Old 04-12-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
    rita
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rita HB User

For that deep wrinkle between the eyebrows: Botox.
    Personally I don't like the idea of injecting a paralizying agent into my face but I have heard many stories of success for your type of wrinkle.

Last edited by rita; 04-12-2007 at 11:50 PM.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:55 AM   #5
    anlina
    (female)

anlina HB User

italiaprincess,

Do you know of any good doctors in So. Cal who do the skin tightening procedure?

Old 04-13-2007, 05:26 AM   #6
    dustoffkid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User

Thanks for posting this question!

That's exactly where the only noticeable wrinkles are on my face- right between the brows.

Keep posting, everyone- I want to use these too!

Dustoff

Old 04-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
    kj_johnson
    (female)

kj_johnson HB User

Wouldn't it be better to go to a plastic surgeon for any kind of tightening procedure or any type of laser? We have alot of places here like Dermacare,etc, but I don't think a physician does the procedure. I recently saw some horror stories with pics showing botched treatments. But those can come from drs. also. I'm saving money to have something done, but I don't know what yet. I have the jowls and wrinkles around my upper lip and crows feet. Age 55. kj

Old 04-14-2007, 12:07 AM   #8
    opple
    Inactive
    (female)

opple HB Useropple HB User

My doctor that I go to for Botox feels that thermage is kind of risky. It really hasn't been around that long and there are not many clinics that have mastered it. I don't know that I would trust it. I think gentle, consistent facial exercises are the way I want to go for now. Really when I tighten my jaw and the sides of my mouth and massage kind of making my face resist the strokes, it does help. If I have soap on my face or something oily/slippery it works best because then I don't stretch my skin.

When that no longer does the job I will have a full face lift.

Do you ever work out or exercise? When I don't my face seems slacker and looks older than when I do it regularly.

Last edited by opple; 04-14-2007 at 12:10 AM.

Closed Thread