It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• "Mineral" Make-Up Questions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-05-2007, 01:15 AM   #1
    debincalif
    (female)

debincalif HB Userdebincalif HB User
    Question "Mineral" Make-Up Questions

I'm wondering if any of you have tried the powder mineral makeup brands out there and what you think of them. I was specifically wondering about the differences between bare minerals and sheer cover. Do they work? Any experiences with them either good or bad? And what is the everyday minerals I've seen people talk about on this board?

My skin has a lot of breakouts and is extremely combination, going from very oily t-zone to flakey cheeks. Liquid foundations look horrible on me as they melt into fine lines... and most powder foundations make my dry areas look very flakey. Would these mineral foundations do that too?

Thanks for any advice!

Deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
    Passion1965
    (female)

Passion1965 HB User
    Re: "Mineral" Make-Up Questions

I've tried several mineral makeups and the one I like most is Laura Mercier.Bare Minerals was too shimmery and very drying.I tried Everyday Minerals, and I looked very chalky, and my face felt like it was drying up in just a few hours.L'Oreal Bare Natural works very well on my skin....the downfall there is that it contains Talc. I do still wear it, the coverage is amazing and it lasts all day, and it doesn't dry up my skin like others I've tried. Good Luck!

Old 05-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #3
    saphire82
    Veteran
    (female)

saphire82 HB User
    Re: "Mineral" Make-Up Questions

Ive read a bit on the ingredients and a lot of people complain about bare minerals being too shiny, which is because of the bismuth's pearlescent nature. Everyday minerals does not have bismuth, but has the exact same ingredients otherwise. Loreal's has Talc, which IS actually a mineral more than bismuth (which is a lead byproduct so it is NOT organic) but if you read about it online you'll probably find that talc has links to pulmonary disease and lung-skin-or ovarian cancer. Although the FDA general says the cosmetic grade talc is safe...tests showed that it grew tumors in animals. I read a sentence that said "scientists have been aware of the toxicity of talc since the late 1960's", so I cant imagine why its still "safe". So basically I would recommend finding a mineral makeup that doesnt contain bismuth or talc. Paula begoun says that mineral makeup is not for everyone. It is best for people with normal to slightly oily skin. If you use it, make sure to put on a good moisturizer to help with a "dry" feeling, which some people have said it helped when having problems with making it feel dry. Also make sure you dont put on too much and blend it good.

Everyday minerals has 4 different types, they have original glo, intense, semi-matte and matte...because not everyone wants the same effect or has the same skin type. I havent found any other brands yet that have as many types, plus they have an awsome color selection and their prices are very good.

Closed Thread