It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• plastic surgeon mole shaving

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
    anxiety27
    (female)

anxiety27 HB User
    plastic surgeon mole shaving

Anyone have this? Does it leave a crater in the area where the mole was?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: plastic surgeon mole shaving

It shouldn't...mine didn't...in fact we had to shave them down a couple of times to get the skin flat. If it's just a regular mole - and doesn't grow down into the skin or isn't some sort of abnormal cell growth that has to have deeper removal - you'll never notice it.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #3
    anxiety27
    (female)

anxiety27 HB User

Thank you for replying.. tell me all about the surgery please.. I am so afraid. I want to know all from the needle to the scab... do you put a numb on before the needle.. mine is a mole under my eye area, its not large but I had it so long, it proberly deep. I want a plastic surgeon to remove it due to it being on my face..and by my eye.. I don't think my insurance will cover it, its cosmetic, will it be expensive?

Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
    deskette
    Inactive
    (female)

deskette HB User

my boyfriend had 2 moles shaved, he has scars where they were but they arent like huge craters. just little scars.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:42 AM   #5
    anxiety27
    (female)

anxiety27 HB User

Were they on his face? Mine is on my face, and this is my biggest worry.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #6
    deskette
    Inactive
    (female)

deskette HB User

ahhhhh i see! i would me worried too... but no they were on his back. the back isnt as visual as the face so they would probably be more attentive & careful when removinga mole from someones face. im sure there might be scarring once you first get it removed but surely it would fade. dont work yourself up, im sure the doctors will understand your concern and do what they can to make you happy.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:22 PM   #7
    MoonLight0
    Inactive
    (female)

MoonLight0 HB User

My friend had a lot of them removed, and though I've never seen them, he says that there were a lot of scars left... probably not big ones, but he says there were.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #8
    anxiety27
    (female)

anxiety27 HB User

Yes I figured as much, thats why I want to go to a plastic surgeon.. I thought they would know what to do for no scaring, but I would like to hear from those on the forum who had a facial mole removed.. I wanted to get this mole off for years, but am so afraid due to scaring.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #9
    Lynn893
    (female)

Lynn893 HB User

I know this post is a bit on the older side, but I just had to reply.

I've actually 'cut' my own moles off with a 'cleaned' pair of very sharp scissors. The moles I've done are the ones that you can pull up off the skin (long ones). No scarring, just a little dark mark (the mole remnent)

Also, I did have a deep mole on my face, just under my lip. I noticed a hair dressers sign that stated 'mole removal'. It cost me $40 and took about 15 minutes. She had this kit that resembled a soldering wand. She literally burned my mole off. It scabbed over and healed within 6 days. Now, instead of a ugly mole, I have a little tiny scar (almost looks like a chicken pox scar). The one stupid hair that always grew from that mole was gone for about 2 years, but somehow, it (the hair) came back.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #10
    anxiety27
    (female)

anxiety27 HB User

I actually called the plastic surgeon today. I have a consultation in a couple of weeks. I am nervous, but I am excited to get this thing OOOOFFF! I will let you know how it goes. If anyone can offer any of their experiences with mole removal, that would help me out a lot. I know that most likely he will "shave" it off. I am just nervous of the after results, and of the procedure itself....

Old 10-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #11
    joe001
    (male)

joe001 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anxiety27 View Post
    I actually called the plastic surgeon today. I have a consultation in a couple of weeks. I am nervous, but I am excited to get this thing OOOOFFF! I will let you know how it goes. If anyone can offer any of their experiences with mole removal, that would help me out a lot. I know that most likely he will "shave" it off. I am just nervous of the after results, and of the procedure itself....
    Hi anxiety,

if the mole u are having removed has roots then i would recomend u dont shave it off because it will come back lighter and u will not be cosmetically happy with the result (i am talking from experience). The best method of removal of moles with roots is excision since it wont come back and scaring is hardly noticeable. good luck.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #12
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

If they are just above the skin standard moles, don't worry. I had 3 removed from my cheek - next to my mouth. Simply shaved them off (novacained before hand), then kept bandaid with petroleum jeely stuff to keep from scabbing for several days. Decades later, still look great! Had done by dermotologist.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #13
    anxiety27
    (female)

anxiety27 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joe001 View Post
    Hi anxiety,

if the mole u are having removed has roots then i would recomend u dont shave it off because it will come back lighter and u will not be cosmetically happy with the result (i am talking from experience). The best method of removal of moles with roots is excision since it wont come back and scaring is hardly noticeable. good luck.

I hadn't had my consultation yet. I go next week, so I don't know yet how the plastic surgeon will remove it. The dr. I am going to is highly recommended so I am sure he knows what to do. I am thinking it will proberly need to be cut out, since I've had it about 25 years or so. I am sure in that amount of time it grew some roots.. I will let you know next week what he says.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #14
    sharpeye
    (male)

sharpeye HB User

I am going through the same thing. I have a raised mole on my lower cheek that is getting bigger. I was born with the mole which was just a small black speck. Now it has raised to the size of a pencil eraser. I have gone to 3 Derms and 1 plastic surgeon . . . money is not an issue. They all assure me that its just a spitz nevus and not dangerious. For removal they suggest excision which will leave a one inch scar across my cheek. I have olive skin and scar pretty easily so i am apprehensive. I have seen some beautiful before and after pictures of shave biopsys if they work. The plastic surgeon said he would do a shave biopsy and if it doesnt work I could go with an excision later. Thats the plan I think I am going to go with.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anxiety27 View Post
    Thank you for replying.. tell me all about the surgery please.. I am so afraid. I want to know all from the needle to the scab... do you put a numb on before the needle.. mine is a mole under my eye area, its not large but I had it so long, it proberly deep. I want a plastic surgeon to remove it due to it being on my face..and by my eye.. I don't think my insurance will cover it, its cosmetic, will it be expensive?
    All they did was novacaine them and slice them off (had 3 removed, actually).
    You have to keep a salve like petroleum jelly on it with a bandaid to keep it from scabbing over. Once it heals - about 10 days or so - you are good to go. All of mine were slightly raised and had had them for maybe 20 years? No roots, just grew on top of the skin. One had a hair in it that comes back periodically and I have to pluck it. 30 years later, no scars, no problems, all continues to look great. I had a dermatologist do mine. My insurance paid for it as it was written up as irritated and needing removal.

Last edited by Titchou; 10-07-2007 at 03:18 PM.

Closed Thread