It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• White eyelids?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
    Spoonhead
    (male)

Spoonhead HB User
    White eyelids?

Have this problem with my eyelids. They dont tan at all or very little naturally.
    I was just wondering how other people out there deal with this problem.
    I am a gy so makeup is kinda outta the question hehe!!!

I know all the natural remedies like getting at least 8 hours sleep, eat plenty of fruit and veg, water and so on...

I aint no metrosexual either so the most i am willing to try is some kinda fake tan stuff. I heard a bronzer is good.

If theres any other way to deal with this or more effective remedy then i would really be grateful for some insight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
    EllieFrog
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

EllieFrog HB User
    Re: White eyelids?

I would suggest that you ignore this "problem" as I don't really see a problem at all. All of us have lighter colored eyelids in comparison to the rest of our skin. That's how it's supposed to be.
    Whatever you do NEVER tan your face without sunscreen (or better yet don't do it at all); and especially not your eyelids! I'm assuming that you're young now and aren't overly concerned with wrinkles, but once you get older all the tanning is going to show. The skin around your eyes and eyelids is extremely thin and sensitive... tanning it will cause a lot of damage, wrinkling, and even cancer. The eyes make a big difference when it comes to appearence and age. Trust me, you don't want to look 10 or even 20 years older just because you though your eyelids were too light and you wanted to darken them... or even worse, get melanoma in your eye (yes, it's possible and I imagine very devastating).

Also, self-tanners are horrible on the face. They don't last and usually stain around the hairline, eyebrows, lips, eyes, making you look dirty. Using that on your eyelids is also a terrible idea. Also, every bottle of self-tanner that I've tried specifically says not to use it around the eye area as it can be very irritating and potentially harmful.

Skip all that and just be happy with yourself. Trust me, people won't notice how "white" your eyelids are because that's how they're supposed to be.

Last edited by EllieFrog; 08-20-2008 at 05:31 PM.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
    Spoonhead
    (male)

Spoonhead HB User
    Re: White eyelids?

hmmm.. so just natural remedies then. I prefer it that way anyway to be honest. I the thing is i think i have whiter eyelids than most thats all.

Anyone have good suggestions for more natural alternatives or whatever else works for them?

Closed Thread