It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• mole in the middle of my cheek

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
    dancechick1194
    (female)

dancechick1194 HB User
    mole in the middle of my cheek

i have a mole in the middle of my cheek and thinking of getting it removed, how bad would the scar be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
    Kaycee41
    (female)

Kaycee41 HB User
    Re: mole in the middle of my cheek

I had a mole removed from my cheek about 15 years ago. I had had it all my life, but it started feeling sore so I thought I should get it checked out. The doctor said it looked fine (not cancerous), but he could remove it right there in the office if I wanted him to. When he removed it, he found a small cyst under the mole. That was what was causing the soreness. Because of the cyst, he had to cut deeper to remove the cyst. He said I would have a scar and might want to see a plastic surgeon if it bothered me too much. I did have a scar for a few years, but it didn't look too bad, not any worse than the mole. Now, after 15 years, you can't even see it. I would think that a regular mole (without the underlying cyst) would not leave much of a scar at all.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I haven't had any removed myself (I have one similar to Cindy Crawford's, although smaller), but I've heard from others that usually the scar is just a small white spot most of the time. I'd imagine this would be much less noticeable than the mole itself and you can probably cover most of it up with makeup. If it's a larger mole, it might be a deeper scar. Just make sure to go to a good doctor with a lot of experience!

Old 02-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
    fm5
    Veteran

fm5 HB User

Go to a good dermatologist and have it checked as it could be cancerous.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
    Arggg
    Inactive
    (female)

Arggg HB UserArggg HB UserArggg HB User

It depends on the kind of skin you have. People scar in different ways. If you get keloid scars (as many black and Asian people do), you might want to consider leaving it alone, if it's benign. Keloids can't be treated very effectively; in fact, the more you cut them out, the more they grow!

I get "hypertrophic" scarring, which looks like a keloid but isn't. Hypertrophic scarring can be minimized with a lot of OTC products like ScarGuard and Band Aid scar strips. Don't try Mederma; it doesn't work very well. Vitamin E is a waste of money for scars. Use a brand with silicone and cortisone. Be patient; they take several weeks to reduce the scars. If it's on your face you'll have to use it at night.

You may be lucky and have very minimal scarring that fades over time. Look at the other scars on your body and see what they look like before you proceed. And keep in mind that different parts of your body may scar differently!

Closed Thread