It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Eye Creams (for younger skin)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2009, 05:25 PM   #16
    EllieFrog
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

EllieFrog HB User
    Re: Eye Creams (for younger skin)

I strongly suggest this book. If you can't find it at a library than consider purchasing it at a very popular book store (I know that they have it for sure) or a popular book seller website. It only costs about $13-17 and it's well worth the money because it will definitely save you thousands of dollars that you would be spending on useless cosmetics in the future. She addresses the acne issue all throughout the book and has an entire 35 (or so) page chapter dedicated to all the issues, causes, potential cures, etcetera.

I will just list a few that may be potential causes:
    -hormonal activity
    -overproduction of oil by the glands (also related to hormones)
    -irregular or excessive shedding of dead skin cells both on surface and inside pores (exfoliating can sometimes help a little bit)
    -buildup of bacteria inside pores
    -irritation or reactions to cosmetics, foods, or medicines

She also mentions 3 myths that pretty much everyone believes in:
    1. You can dry up a blemish - Apparently not so because blemishes aren't "wet." Drying up the skin only drains cells of fluids by imairing the cellular matrix, causing further irritation.
    2. Blemishes are caused by dirty skin - Overcleaning the face with harsh cleansers and bar soap causes irritation and clogs pores, which can cause breakouts. So overcleansing is a bad idea.
    3. You can spot-treat blemishes - Most blemishes are created by bacteria inside pores and they take time to show up on the face (up to three weeks). Dealing with only blemishes that you see does not prevent ones that are forming underneath the skin, in the hair follicles/pores, which will show up much later.

Basically the only real solutions for the acne problem are:
    -gentle, water-soluble cleansers to reduce further irritation
    -exfoliating to remove dead skin cells
    -absorbing access oils to reduce clogged pores
    -killing bacteria by means of oral antibiotics
    -birth control kills to reduce hormonal oil production
    -topical retinoids such as Retin-A, Avita, or Differin
    -and if all else fails - Accutane, which should be the resort.

Last edited by EllieFrog; 03-13-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #17
    CarrieKat
    (female)

CarrieKat HB User
    Re: Eye Creams (for younger skin)

I'm almost 24 and started to notice some fine lines as well. The product that has really given me results is Loreal's Eye Defense. It's about $13 dollars for a small container, smells nice, not strong. It is more of like a gel cream, than a heavy cream and I think this is why I like it so much. It's refreshing and tightens up the skin just a little bit. Makes for very easy makeup application (it's perfectly fine to wear under makeup). I just look more awake, and refreshed when I use this cream. Definately should give it a shot!

Closed Thread