It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• brassiness out of hair color

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2009, 04:44 AM   #1
    rivera1256
    (female)

rivera1256 HB User
    brassiness out of hair color

how can I take the brassiness out of hair color

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
    surrealmeal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

surrealmeal HB User
    Re: brassiness out of hair color

A quick fix would be a violet-based shampoo like Clairol Shimmerlights (can be found at any beauty supply store). If that doesn't work, I'd suggest going to a professional colorist.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
    tyandgil
    (female)

tyandgil HB User

You can choose a color that has ash in, but mix with a neutral color. If you use a straight ash on your hair, it could turn green. Mix more ash color than the neutral color and it should tone it down quite a bit. Also the Shimmer Lights from Clairol is awesome. It's a purple shampoo you can get a beauty supply store. Hope this helps!

Old 03-15-2009, 11:53 PM   #4
    mommaoftwinsplus1
    Veteran
    (female)

mommaoftwinsplus1 HB Usermommaoftwinsplus1 HB User

I use shimmer lights a couple times a week! It really helps with brassiness. When I bleach my hair I also use a toner afterward which helps too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I'd also recommend the shimmer lights or any similar purple hued shampoo. If you want to go to a salon, they can use toner to take out the brassy color. It works great and shouldn't cost nearly as much as color or anything. I got toner put in this last time after my highlights (they didn't use it the previous time) and it really got the blonde nice and bright and took away any yellow/brassiness that was there before.

Closed Thread