It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Styling Wavy Hair

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-07-2009, 07:03 AM   #1
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
    Styling Wavy Hair

My hair takes a long time to style, so I'd love to be able to wear it with its natural texture at times! Unfortunately, my hair doesn't always air dry nicely overnight after sleeping on it. I use Biosilk to smooth my hair down, but I feel that my natural waves get weighed down without a product. Most products I try are either too sticky, too crunchy, make my hair feel dirty, or something else negative. What are YOUR favorite products to bring out the wave in hair while still keeping it soft? I'm thinking of trying a leave in conditioner mixed with a tiny bit of a styling product. I love the sea salt sprays, but they give my hair a gross feeling! I'd appreciate any tips

FYI, I have long hair (about chest length), with highlights, so the highlights do give my hair some texture. My hair is very thick, so I have it layered and thinned out to make it more manageable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
    Toonces1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User
    Re: Styling Wavy Hair

I have wavy hair that I have spent a lifetime of finding the perfect product for. The one that I love the most and have been using for a few years is Bumble and Bumble curl creme. They used to have formulas for thicker kinkier hair and one for fine to medium hair. Even though you have thick hair, I would recommend the one for fine to medium hair. I have both formulas, but the one for medium to thick hair weighs it down quite a bit more. This creme is not sticky or crunchy at all. I hate both of those effects, so I wouldn't go near anything that does that to my hair. It's a little expensive, but well worth it in my opinion.

I also just ordered a new product by Living Proof. They have a few different styling creams for wavy and curly hair. I haven't used it enough to make a recommendation, but you might want to try it. I bought the small 2oz bottle just to try it out because it is expensive. Good luck!

Old 08-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
    Re: Styling Wavy Hair

Thanks for that tip! I will have to look into the Bumble and Bumble products. I'm actually going to try out a new salon soon and the owner used to work for Bumble and Bumble. She now has her own salon and I've heard wonderful things about it. I bet she uses the products there and I can probably have her use them on me to see how it works!

Closed Thread