It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

best makeup for mature skin??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
memawof3
(female)

memawof3 HB User
best makeup for mature skin??

i think this has been asked before, but iam wanting to try something new for my dry mature skin!
i have used lancome,estee lauder,clinque,...
even bobbie brown, but iam wanting to find something good that does not cost an arm and leg!
thanks!
bren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
slenderella
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: best makeup for mature skin??

I really like Revlon's age defying foundation. It's nice and creamy.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
memawof3
(female)

memawof3 HB User

ive also heard that color stay for normal/dry skin is also good!
bren

Old 11-07-2010, 01:27 AM   #4
luvmakeup1000
(female)

luvmakeup1000 HB User

boots #7 lifting and firming cream....sells at target and great for dry skin....very similiar to high end brands.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
seabell
(female)

seabell HB Userseabell HB Userseabell HB User

Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup. I swear by it. I've been using it for 15 years now, and everytime a new type of makeup comes out, especially for 'mature' skin, I buy it, try it, hate it, and then it sits in my drawer. I always go back to bare escentuals. I moisturize, brush on the foundation very lightly, a little blush, mineral veil, and I'm good to go and it last all day. It may seem pricy but it last a long time.

SB

Old 11-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #6
memawof3
(female)

memawof3 HB User

i have tried the bare minerals, over this past summer, it was nice, but i have dry skin,and it did not work well for me...
yesterday, i went to cvs, and they had revlon color stay,buy one get one half off sale, so i bought medium beige, and some primer!
put it on this am, so far so good!
bren

Old 11-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
Lynae1976
(female)

Lynae1976 HB User

I swear by Bare Escentuals too!! I've been using it for about a year (after wasting TONS of money on other brands that I hated) and I will NEVER use a liquid foundation on my face again. As long as you moisturize well (I personally use plain old Eucerin lotion on my face) it looks great and stays put all day. I ran out recently & bought some of the cheap stuff again & I HATE IT!! I can't remember the brand but it's in a little round jar & it's the one with Oil of Olay mixed in. It *says* it won't settle into fine lines & wrinkles. It lies. Bare Minerals is a bit pricey, but a jar of it lasts me almost 6 months, so I'll gladly pay the $30-35 for something that lasts that long. And the tiny jar of blush has lasted me over a year. Their mascara is great too!! I use it with the Prime Time primer underneath (again, small container lasts forever) and it stays put and lasts all day.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
memawof3
(female)

memawof3 HB User

i agree..
it is good, so maybe if i use a moisturizer, it may do better?
bren

Old 11-26-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
Bell99
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

I used Bare Essentuals UNTIL I had mature skin.. I noticed it defined every pore and wrinkle as well as leaving a shine. Always use a good Primer under your make up. I try to stay away from anything with a powder base.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #10
memawof3
(female)

memawof3 HB User

i agree...i stopped useing powder!

Old 11-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #11
Bran'sNana
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User

I like the age rewind one by Maybelline. The one you click and has a sponge on the end. I bought the buff beige, not too yellow and light enough for me. I use it on my 86 year old Mom too! Not drying at all.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #12
memawof3
(female)

memawof3 HB User

thanks!!!
may try that one soon!
bren

Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #13
kathryn+2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

I'm 58 with pretty good skin...I've tried lots of different foundations trying to find one that looks fresh and dewey and also stays on. The one I'm using right now I really like. It's Revlon Photo Ready.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #14
Bran'sNana
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User

I have read both good and bad reviews about this one, the bad being it's sparkly or something. Is it?

Old 01-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #15
memawof3
(female)

memawof3 HB User

I am still on the hunt for a good foundation..seems as i age,my skin gets dryer,so it has to be a moisterizing foundation aswell, ive also tried and like a primer undermy foundation too..this helps it glide onto the skin better, and does not let the skin dry out as much!
Now, about that primer???
I have tried them all from revlon to laura geller to ect....
I have found that most all are about the same..but i do like the one by sally hansen natual beauty by carmindy..this one is in a bottle and has a liminizer in it,that is good,abt 9.00 in price,but i also like revlons,in a tube abt 12.00 in price, they last a good while,dont take much,but does make a differance!
Foundation,i seem to like right now clinique supermoist foundation in the tube..goes on nice, and last along time,about 18-20.00 in price..
bren

Closed Thread