It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Best makeup for ethnic skin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-25-2001, 08:34 AM   #1
    T-Nice
    Inactive

T-Nice HB User
    Best makeup for ethnic skin

What is the best makeup out there for ethnic skin. I have oily , blemish-prone skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2001, 07:30 PM   #2
    fidgetyy

fidgetyy HB User
    Re: Best makeup for ethnic skin

there's no makeup that causes less breakouts , i dont think, but i'd use powder-based stuff instead of oil based. including on your lips. and wash your face twice a day - 3 times if you really wanna help. also, i'd get on estrogen therapy or at LEAST androgen inhibitors, like aldactone, which kills testosterone in your system. a hormonal imbalance might be the cause. if you also have a rather deep voice for a woman, thats another signal. i think you can get aldactone at epharmacyunited.com, and the estrogen too. if the soap and water doesnt work, try an over-the-counter exfoliant product.
    as a matter of fact, the makeup is probably part of why your skin is in such bad condition to begin with. skin wasn't meant to be covered all day with oil and powder. it reacts, and gets uneven and rough. not quite acne, but just a rough consistency.
    anyway, i'd definitely try the aldactone and the face washing. i guarantee a regimen like that will work.

Old 02-17-2001, 12:31 AM   #3
    Rachael C

Rachael C HB User

I am Asian and I also have oily blemish prone skin, although my skin's nearly cleared now...
    But during my really bad breakout times, I've always used Oil of Olay's liquid foundation. It didn't lead to more breakouts and my skin is SO much softer after using it... I mean, after all, oil of olay is a really popular brand of skincare product... So it's makeup should be gentle too.

Old 02-18-2001, 02:27 PM   #4
    sabrina

sabrina HB User

i have oily blemish prone skin also, i have tried many different foundations and i am now using neutrogena healthy skin liquid foundation, and almay oil control pressed powder, the neutrogena foundation goes on very light and my skin doesnt start to shine again for a very long time

Closed Thread