It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

Salon Hair Straightening

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #1
Slim1984
(female)

Slim1984 HB User
Salon Hair Straightening

I heard there are all different types.
I dont want my hair to end up paper straight and paper thin.

I want something where I'll still have volume the way the hair looks after a blow dryer. But I do not want any frizz, which I still deal with all the time.

What salon treatment would be best for this?? And how much is it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Salon Hair Straightening

Not knowing what kind of hair you have or what ethniticity you are- Ill tell you about my experience. Im caucasion (white) and have almost straight fine hair with a ton of frizz. I also live in high humidity.
Ive had Keratin treatments done. They last about 4 months, cost about 250-300$ and take 3 hours to do....my hair is stick straight when I get it done.

Ive also had Amino Acid straightening. Takes about 3 hours, costs about 200$ and lasts 3 months..my hair is not stick straight, but has body and still a bit of wave- but the frizz is entirely gone.

Both treatments help you blow dry your hair in half the time by sealing the cuticle..both make your hair shiny and healthy...
Does that help?

Old 07-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
Slim1984
(female)

Slim1984 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
Not knowing what kind of hair you have or what ethniticity you are- Ill tell you about my experience. Im caucasion (white) and have almost straight fine hair with a ton of frizz. I also live in high humidity.
Ive had Keratin treatments done. They last about 4 months, cost about 250-300$ and take 3 hours to do....my hair is stick straight when I get it done.

Ive also had Amino Acid straightening. Takes about 3 hours, costs about 200$ and lasts 3 months..my hair is not stick straight, but has body and still a bit of wave- but the frizz is entirely gone.

Both treatments help you blow dry your hair in half the time by sealing the cuticle..both make your hair shiny and healthy...
Does that help?
My hair is long, frizzy if not blowdried, and thin. So I dont want it to end up paper thin. I still want volume like if I blowdried it. I just dont want it to blow up with frizz from dampness or the sun. I also dont want to have to straighten it.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:44 AM   #4
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Have you tried Living Proof products? There are several levels for how curly your may be. Also, I've found that Morrocan oil will tame my frizzies. I do straighten mine with the Keratan express treatment during our more humid times here (March -October) and I have thick wavy hair. During the rest of the time, the Morrocan oil works well for the frizzies. Nothing other than the staightening will keep it from kinking though.
The Keratin Express treatment allows me to blow drymy hair into a more round style and it doesn't stay stick straight. I'd have to flat iron it for that. It also only lasts about 8-10 weeks and you have to use a special type shampoo. It also costs less than other treatments. I love it....my hair feels silky, styles like I want it but doesn't kink/frizz up when I go jogging in 90 degree, 95 humidity weather.

Old 08-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #5
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I would go with the Amino Acid treatment. Look for it in better hair salons....it will last 3 months and will keep all frizzies at bay. You wont have to use product to get it to stay that way- you wont even have to blow dry your hair. Youll still have volume, but it wont be stick straight.
MSNik

Reply Reply