It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board

3rd time with BP

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2016, 06:56 AM   #1
meglanglois
(female)

meglanglois HB User
3rd time with BP

BP has just started to onset this morning. I knew it was coming yesterday after a couple days of right ear pain, and then yesterday loss of taste and temperature sensation on the right side of my tongue. I went to Urgent Care and got Prednisone. I should have asked for the antivirals too, but forgot - so I will be calling today. I pulled my B-complex and B-12 vitamins. Dr also put me on antibiotics because I had been fighting a respiratory bug for 3 weeks. I unexpected lost my job a month ago, so stress has been at an all-time high. I'm sure that hasn't helped. Plus now I don't have health insurance. This is a mess!

This is my third time having BP. I had it twice in 2011 just a few months apart - and it switched sides between those 2 times in 2011. Why do I keep getting this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2016, 08:38 AM   #2
bajadoug
(male)

bajadoug HB User
Re: 3rd time with BP

Sorry to hear of your situation. Can you apply for state insurance? I was unemployed for 2 years while I cared for my dad 24/7. I applied for and was approved for medicaid from the state of Michigan. From application to receiving the card in the mail was less than a month. I'm sure being without work now would make it difficult to buy additional nutrients as I listed in my post, "My protocol...". But you can practice de-stressing with relaxation techniques. And you can clean up your diet by increasing the intake of anti-inflammatory foods and decreasing pro-inflammatory foods. Do a google search for lists of those foods. To cover it in a nutshell, I would stop eating all vegetable oils. They are mostly omega 6 fats which are highly inflammatory when out of balance with omega 3s. Not to mention, when heated, they quickly become oxidized into trans fats - even canola oil which is marketed as heart-healthy. It's a scam. Coconut oil, red palm oil, and butter (preferably from grass-fed cows) are far superior cooling oils. Store bought salad dressings are also laden with high omega 6 oils. I use mostly olive oil and balsamic vinegar on salads. I also steer clear of beef and chicken raised commercially on CAFOs (concentrated animal feeding operations) where they are fed an unnatural grain-based diet and shot full of antibiotics and hormones. When eaten, their meat produces an inflammatory response in the human body. Pastured cattle and chickens are healthy compared. Of course we're talking about spending a little more money, which you may not be in a position to do presently. If you can deal with your stress and keep inflammation under control, you will recover much faster. I hope that helps. Good luck!

Old 05-01-2016, 08:51 AM   #3
meglanglois
(female)

meglanglois HB User
Re: 3rd time with BP

Thanks for the advice! I do have a medicaid application pending with Michigan. It's been 3 weeks, no decision yet. I'm hoping that comes soon. I also have a job offer on the table right now, but still negotiating the benefits. And their insurance is crap, super high deductible. So that doesn't entirely help me lol.

Reply Reply