It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board

Symtopms on the opposite side of the face

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2017, 03:37 PM   #1
Lanni
(female)

Lanni HB User
Symtopms on the opposite side of the face

Hello,

I am a 22 year old with 1 week post Bell's palsy and I feel like I am not seeing any improvement. I did take Lysine supplements but stopped it in fear that I am doing more harm. I also experience small twitches on my left side throughout the day. I am finding it hard not to freak out. It all started with an ear pain on the left. I am on corticosteroids and the antiviral with a week and a half more to go. I also have a follow-up coming soon in a few days with physician but I can't seem to stop stressing. That said, I have also been eating mainly lean meats and have included B12 in my diet.

One thing that I am increasingly growing concerned about is that I had Bell's palsy on left however I feel a pulsating sensation on my right. Like how I felt during the onset of the episode. Also there has been an increase in headaches lately and I can't help but freak out.

Has anyone else been experiencing pulsing and twitching feeling on the opposite side of the face.

Last edited by Lanni; 01-03-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2017, 01:28 AM   #2
Rouge1
(female)

Rouge1 HB User
Re: Symtopms on the opposite side of the face

Hi Lanni
Don't stress about anything. Stay positive. Keep working on face muscle exercises. I believe my other side was twitching because it's compensating for the other side. The pain in your ear is normal. Try to chew gum. And find an acupuncturist right away. I only needed 5 sessions. He got my muscles moving more than anything. You can do this, you'll be fine, just keep moving forward. Where is your progress now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanni View Post
Hello,

I am a 22 year old with 1 week post Bell's palsy and I feel like I am not seeing any improvement. I did take Lysine supplements but stopped it in fear that I am doing more harm. I also experience small twitches on my left side throughout the day. I am finding it hard not to freak out. It all started with an ear pain on the left. I am on corticosteroids and the antiviral with a week and a half more to go. I also have a follow-up coming soon in a few days with physician but I can't seem to stop stressing. That said, I have also been eating mainly lean meats and have included B12 in my diet.

One thing that I am increasingly growing concerned about is that I had Bell's palsy on left however I feel a pulsating sensation on my right. Like how I felt during the onset of the episode. Also there has been an increase in headaches lately and I can't help but freak out.

Has anyone else been experiencing pulsing and twitching feeling on the opposite side of the face.

Last edited by Rouge1; 02-12-2017 at 01:41 AM. Reason: I didn't reply

Reply Reply