It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board

tongue deviation and Bells.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2017, 09:32 AM   #1
justmee01
(female)

justmee01 HB User
tongue deviation and Bells.

Hi,
Great to find these forums, I have a question about tongue deviation.
Quite a few months ago I noticed I was lisping very slightly, I was also sometimes leaking a small amount of saliva, for some reason I put this down to losing a lot of weight or thought that perhaps my front teeth moving with age.
Anyway on the advice of my dentist (who thought it could be bells) I have been to my doctors and am waiting for an appointment to see a neurologist.
I now realize my lisping was probably due to slight tongue deviation as when I stick my tongue out it goes slightly to one side and I can see a little difference with the thickness of my tongue at the sides.
I can also see my right eye and top lip has dropped a little, my ears feel like they are full of treacle and I get an awful bitter taste in my mouth.
So my question is, after all these months and the fact I still have tongue deviation mean this can be bells? I have read that tongue deviation is more likely to be something like MND. Any information, good or bad much appreciated 

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply