It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board

Unaffected side droop?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
Benllech
(male)

Benllech HB User
Unaffected side droop?

Just over two weeks ago I developed a Bell'a Palsy. I didn't realise what it was at first and it felt strange not being able to blink my left eye properly and feeling numbness in the left side of my face akin to the aftermath of a filling.

I got diagnosed by my GP as Bell's palsy and have since recovered pretty much fully apart from one issue. The right side of my face the uneffected side, my mouth droops slightly and I did bring this up during a telephone call with a medical profession who says sometimes the unaffected side can pull at the affected side and that is why i have a droop on my unaffected side. However I just wanted to ask if anybody here has had bell's palsy and more so if the unaffected side has drooped? I can't seem to find that scenario anywhere online.

Though considering some of the cases I did see online facial wise, I would say i'm luckier than most.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
allig71
(female)

allig71 HB User
Re: Unaffected side droop?

I think what you're seeing here is the AFFECTED side is looking different, which tricks you into thinking the unaffected side is drooping. Usually when people look at my face they think the right side... which is my unaffected side...is the affected side. Sounds confusing, but this is usually how it seems. I've had Bells nine times and have residual side effects...partial paralysis on my left side. Hoping you have a full and speedy recovery!

Old 01-10-2018, 05:56 PM   #3
Benllech
(male)

Benllech HB User
Re: Unaffected side droop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allig71 View Post
I think what you're seeing here is the AFFECTED side is looking different, which tricks you into thinking the unaffected side is drooping. Usually when people look at my face they think the right side... which is my unaffected side...is the affected side. Sounds confusing, but this is usually how it seems. I've had Bells nine times and have residual side effects...partial paralysis on my left side. Hoping you have a full and speedy recovery!
Thank you for your response.

I'm pretty sure it is the unaffected side which has drooped, been looking at photos of me pre-bell's palsy and it all points to the unaffected side drooping.

In Week 4 now and my mouth is slowly getting back to normal, hate it when I smile though not showing my teeth, looks really uneven.

Just gotta be patient and take stock after 6 months.

Reply Reply

« memory loss | - »