It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board

Could this be Bell's?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2018, 06:17 AM   #1
Deever12
(female)

Deever12 HB User
Could this be Bell's?

Hi all, 64 yo female here, in general good health with a few autoimmune issues, woke up this morning with a splotchy red rash on the left side of my face and tingling (pins and needles) on that side of my face, and several tiny cold sores on the inside of my mouth on that side. Trying to do a quick evaluation since I'm getting ready to head out on vacation in a day or two. The whole side of my face just feels weird. Any thoughts at all? Thanks, Deever

The following user gives a hug of support to Deever12:
YaYagirl (07-07-2018)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Could this be Bell's?

Dear Deever12, esp. because you are going on vacation, get yourself to urgent care to verify what is wrong and how to handle it.

So sorry that happened to you.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:42 PM   #3
Deever12
(female)

Deever12 HB User

Thanks for your response. I did indeed go to urgent care and they diagnosed shingles. Cancelled vacation.

The following user gives a hug of support to Deever12:
quincy (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 07:41 AM   #4
allig71
(female)

allig71 HB User

I would definitely get checked out. Cold sores do appear along with or prior to Bells. Never experienced a rash. I'm going through my 10th bout of Bells... PLEASE get checked! If you are going on vacation and it is Bells you will need to stay out of the sun. Best of luck to you!

Old 07-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #5
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

My first thought was shingles......good you went to urgent care. Are you on antiviral meds as well as nerve pain reliever such as gabapentin?
Careful of the vesicles as to not spread it.

Please let us know how you're doing....
Take care,
q

Old 07-09-2018, 01:03 PM   #6
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

It doesnít sound like Bellís. That causes paralysis and drooping of the face on one side. I would be concerned about the possibility of shingles starting which can take a couple of days to fully manifest. The pins and needles sensation is from the nerve involvement and the rash goes with it. I would get in to your dr. Immediately to get it checked and get on antiviral treatment if thatís what it is.

Reply Reply