It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board

• Muscle / Nerve Twitches, Movements

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #16
    Anxiety Man
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Anxiety Man HB User
    Re: Muscle / Nerve Twitches, Movements

Hello, Kizzcee007. I just got an e-mail note that you had posted on here.

First, let me say I am very sorry to learn of your loss.

I have nerve/muscle twitches a lot too. Mine is mostly in the face muscles but can do this in other locations as well.

It may be you might need to go back on the Prozac, but might check with your dr. first to see what he thinks.

Hope this has helped, and hoping you feel better soon.

t.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #17
    6foot3
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

6foot3 HB User

Hi every one im new to the board! Hope i can shed a little insight.I my self had a lot of these symptoms that you have described for 9 yrs! (im 42) My neurologist did full blood testing , MRI (negative) , nerve testing showed neuropathy in feet but no diabetes.Finally after getting worse slowly over years i had a spinal tap done. Bam!! Found it! High protein count,finally gave diagnosis as ''cidp''(chronic inflammatory demylating poly neuropathy) an auto immune disorder. Not having a spinal tap leaves your neurologist in the dark! Hope that helps some! later!

Old 09-11-2005, 05:00 PM   #18
    eklektika
    (female)

eklektika HB User

have you also considered essential tremors.....i've had these for as long as i can remember and have just been diagnosed about 6 months ago. Basically i have contant tremors that can be very mild to severe depending on diet stress and other factors.....but along with the tremors i get twitchs mostly in my neck and legs.....i believe it they are worse the more i try to restrain my tremors......so if your normally a bit shakey you may want to look into this......my uncle used to have severe twitchs with his tremor.

Old 09-13-2005, 04:35 PM   #19
    gabe107
    (male)

gabe107 HB User

So all of my symptoms went away except for the numbness that I feel on the left side of my tongue. I had some botox shots in my left eye lid that helped the fasciulations a lot, pretty much got rid of them. My right eye started to have them so I am considering doing the same thing on the other side.

About 3 days ago my left thumb started to twitch, and it is on and off now. It is a bit uncomfortable as I my thumb doesnt feel normal all the time and I can especially notice it because I type a lot. Also my thumb now feels a little weaker and the joint on this thumb seems to protrude more than on the other hand. Has anyone experienced something like this before.

My MRI showed no lesions and my blood work was completely normal. Just trying to figure out what is causing these annoying ticks. Still as tired as usual.

Old 09-20-2005, 05:19 PM   #20
    gabe107
    (male)

gabe107 HB User

Just started taking a Magnesium/Calcium supplement and over night my symptoms were significantly reduced. I am pretty sure that my muscle/nerve fasciculations were caused by mineral difficiency.

If you are experiencing similar symptoms try to take an extra vitamin a day to get your symptoms to go away and gain energy.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:10 PM   #21
    gretam
    (female)

gretam HB User

I've been having strange muscle twitches for the past six months. It started with a wierd twitching in my eyelid which then turned into Bell's Palsy or paralysis of the left side of my face. I went to the hospital and had a spinal tap and everything was normal and I had a follow up with a neurologist. When the Bell's Palsy went away I developed the twitches starting in my legs and moving to my arms. My hair has also become much thinner which is wierd since I'm only 17. Personally I suspect it is a B12 deficiency but I really don't know. My doctor ordered a bunch of blood tests last week and I'm seeing another neurologist to have some kind of test which measures the nerve impulse (I think that's what it is). Any ideas about what it could be?

Old 05-31-2008, 07:24 PM   #22
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I am going through the same thing. Welcome to the twitch club. It is crazy! I hate it! I have had twitched for almost a year now. I even have one going on in my scalp. They come and go and are all over my body. It is a mystery. The first blood test was normal. Now in 2 weeks I have the test where they put needles in my muscles and see what is going on. I would love to get to the bottom of this. I am sorry you are suffering. Let us know what you find out. Good luck!

Old 06-15-2008, 07:26 PM   #23
    Punger
    (male)

Punger HB User

I really think accupuncture might be of benefit for these symptoms. I recieved treatments about 6 years ago for my cigarette addiction (it worked!) and I was amazed by the process. By carefuly placing the tiny accupuncture needles at certain key nerve junctions, the practioner is able to balance a person's nervous sytem. I could feel little twitches around my body as the healing process began.

I have not been back since, but I am figuring it is time, as I have been experiencing some of the things mentioned here.

Best wishes

Closed Thread