It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• Bipolar Disorder?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #1
    BrookTrout123
    (female)

BrookTrout123 HB User
    Thumbs up Bipolar Disorder?

Hello I am new to this site. I am a teenager who has been diagnosed with depression and am being medicated for that with fluoxetine, as well as body dysmorphic disorder/OCD. But I also have strange periods of highs where I am the most outgoing talkative person anyone has known. I become extremely self confident during these times and do things I normally wouldn't do in my depressive episodes. There is no medium between the two, ever. My depressive episodes are make it so that I can't function, skip class, fake illnesses to get out of situations, stop communicating with friends, cry constantly and sometimes go emotionally numb, as well as try to sneak out and run away.

When I'm in these happier moods, I very strange. I feel productive, get a lot of work done, and I philosophize everything. Everything has more meaning. I can't keep thoughts from racing around my head. I started teaching myself Spanish and Arabic, and began hypothesizing the psychological developments of humans and the way that we act in society, as well all of these other crazy theories about science and life and politics. Sometimes I also feel both at the same time. Last week I found myself crying on my bed shaking and thinking about very strange things, and I felt crazy. Everything went blurry. I also would like to mention, as I am not sure whether or not it is connected, that I also have periods of severe dizziness/faintness where I stand up and can't see, and my extremities go numb, I fall down, and start shaking uncontrollably.

The scariest occurrence of this was when I was alone and walking into the kitchen I felt it coming on and fell over hitting my head on a stool and bruising my neck. I then began shaking very very badly and blacked out. I apologize for the rambling but I tend to hold things in and this forum allows me to express my concerns.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-18-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2015, 02:29 AM   #2
    jackie821rrt
    (female)

jackie821rrt HB User
    Re: Bipolar Disorder?

Hello!
    If your moods are that extreme with only highs and lows, then it sounds like your medication needs to be adjusted. It may take some time so be patient. See your doctor and/or therapist.

Good luck

Old 02-28-2016, 08:41 PM   #3
    Greetings
    (female)

Greetings HB UserGreetings HB UserGreetings HB User
    Re: Bipolar Disorder?

Were you able to get a diagnosis? I would think you should go to a doctor, tell them about your falling down and shaking, to me it seems like you might be having a seizure.

Reply Reply