It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

Ive kinda lost me!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2016, 11:00 PM   #1
mamasue63
(female)

mamasue63 HB User
Ive kinda lost me!

Hi to all,
I was happy to find this site. I was diagnosed with Bi-polar/ptst/deepression.
I took medications for 8 year toward the end I was on 3 differnt kind. Then 2013 I decided I didnt want to be muted anymore. I am not suggesting in any way that this is for anyone. But I was feeling worse at that moment . So I told my kids who are all grown of my choise. And of course I have met resistance. But Im working on controling my emotions. The one thing I have trouble with are cascading thoughts, always trying to come up with new things to do. I unfortunetly am very indecisive. At 53 I have not figured out what I want to be when I grow up

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2016, 05:19 AM   #2
SuccessStory
(male)

SuccessStory HB User
Re: Ive kinda lost me!

Please reconsider taking medication! As Bipolar sufferers, our brains are "damaged", there are chemical/neurotransmitter imbalances that exist in our brains. These imbalances may have been beneficial thousands of years ago when we were still hunter gatherers living in the woods, but they are detrimental to us now since we live in a complex society structured by arbitrary rules and societal norms we may not agree with, but are expected to abide by. "Trying to control your emotions" is literally doing nothing to solve the problem. Try other medication combinations if you're unsatisfied with the results of your current regime. It took me about 6 years... 2 stays in the mental hospital, 30 days in juvy, 30 days in jail, and dozens of medication combinations to figure it out. I quit drinking alcohol...If you still drink alcohol, but don't take meds, you're just substituting one for the other... Alcohol is hard to quit, but it's worth it.

I take 200mg Lamictal and 200mg Seroquel every night, and have been for the past 5 years. I am also prescribed 40mg of amphetamine salts a day. Once I got the meds right, life became easy. I was able to work full time during the day in fast food and take college classes at night. I eventually got my Master's degree and am gainfully employed.

Don't give up and good luck!

Last edited by Administrator; 10-09-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Reply Reply