It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• Ever wonder if you're overmedicated?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-16-2004, 08:00 AM   #1
    reesie
    Veteran
    (female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User
    Ever wonder if you're overmedicated?

I beginning to wonder if I could be overmedicated. That something is interferring with something else. I'm on an anti-depressant, anti-convulsant, anti-psychotic, plus my long standing thyroid supplement and blood pressure pills. I think maybe I should let the anti-depressant go cause I'm only on it from my complaining of depression. I don't supose it is a real necesity but maybe I'm saying that cause I feel okay right now. I don't know it just feels like it could be a little much and I had marginal improvements at best but maybe thats because I've only been at this for 2 months? Ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2004, 08:14 AM   #2
    Blsed4Life

Blsed4Life HB User
    Re: Ever wonder if you're overmedicated?

ressie.....I know I was over-medicated on all of those combinations. But before you drop something, I would check with your DR and see what he/she might think, or get a second opinion if you think your med combination isn't right. For two years I lived being over medicated and it really sucks, but definately talk to your DR before making any adjustments. Good Luck!!

Old 11-17-2004, 11:45 AM   #3
    shadowrose40

shadowrose40 HB User
    Re: Ever wonder if you're overmedicated?

HI

I guess it would depend on why you think you're over medicated.

I mean, there are some that take a lot of meds for various conditions. I take 14, for instance.. But they all play a role in keeping me functioning.

BP is often treated with antipsychotics, even if we aren't psychotic. For instance, I take seroquel. If you were depressed and an anti-depressant was added, if you're no longer depressed, I'd say it's doing its job!

Anticonvulsants are often used for BP, but don't work for all of us. I can't take Depakote, for instance. It makes me suicidal.

It's all so individual.

Some meds can be taken at night if you're feeling too sedated, as well.

Closed Thread