It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• Irritability???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #16
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
    Re: Irritability???

I guess I mean ablify. I hope it works soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2005, 06:00 PM   #17
    Ruth6:11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

Peggy, you might be a real candidate for perimenopausal bipolar gone wild...

Old 04-07-2005, 05:52 AM   #18
    dragon25
    (female)

dragon25 HB User

My dear friend Lori,

I have been feeling you today on the irritability. I haven't qite come out of it sice my severe deppressive episode. It is starting to get to me. Let me know if the new meds work. I am thinking of changing doctors. I am becoming unhappy with mine. Anyway, let me know!

Old 04-07-2005, 08:37 AM   #19
    halfreality71
    (female)

halfreality71 HB User

I have a question about this irritability stuff..

I am diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. I am usually a fairly calm person. These last couple months have been very stressful for me because of all the changes that have taken place.and i recently relapsed really hard (psychotic episode) and went back into the hospital.
    Usually my emotions are really flat, but when something confusing and stressful is going on (ex: Im driving and trying to find the place i need to get to, and a lot of other things are going on around me at the same time: my boyfriend is talking, cars are going by, the radio is too loud,hearing voices, etc.) and im trying to concentrate and i have all these voices talking in my head,... i'll lash out in anger and confusion and yell and shout at my boyfriend. It's like i can't control my anger.

The other day my boyfriend mentioned to me that maybe im schizoaffective: bipolar type, because of all this uncontrollable anger i've had lately, but extream irritability like this doesn't mean that you are bipolar, right? i mean, i thought in order to be bipolar, you must be having manic episodes and i have never had a manic episode.
    Irritability like this can be caused by other things, like stress, and be part of other mental illnesses(like depression and schiz)... am i right?

thanks

-Becka

Old 04-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #20
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Hi everyone!

Overtheedge, thanks for the good luck! I hope it helps.

Dragon, my pdoc says I am in some kind of mixed whatever. The depression and mania mix is making me irritable. I hope you find a dr you like. I just love mine. I totally trust him and that makes a huge difference! Hope you feel better soon. He said I should notice in a few days.

Becka, I wish I could help you, but I am so new to this. Best of luck to you!

Thanks a ton! Love, Lori

Old 04-07-2005, 07:38 PM   #21
    Colefort
    (male)

Colefort HB User

Hey Lori,

I really hope you are doing ok. My gf is going through one of these phases right now. We haven't really spoken for the last 2 days. I don't know exactly what you are going through, but I know that it isn't fun. This has been one of the most helpful threads I have read here. I have never heard the hypomanic state described so much, and also in terms of dealing with it in a relationship. I was just about to start my "pseudo depressive" phase that I have developed to go along with my gf's hypomanic phase when I read this thread, and remembered that everything will be alright when it passes. and everything will be alright with you when yours passes. Hope you found some help with your doctor, and this thread. Thanks for starting this thread, and thanks to everyone who responded. Everyone here is so great and helpful.

Becka,

I don't know much about bp, but my gf is bipolar II and she doesn't have manic phases but hypomanic phases which manifest themselves with extreme irritability. Talking to your doctor is your best bet.

CF

Old 04-08-2005, 12:03 AM   #22
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Thanks cf! My dh and I end up not talking too, and I just hate it. I kind of think he gets it, sort of, but just wants its to go away, as do I. There are a lot of women who enjoy being a *****, but I myself am not one of them. A couple more days... I am still hopeful. Hang in there cf! It can't be easy on the other side of it either. I too am learning as we go. Love, Lori

Old 04-08-2005, 07:41 AM   #23
    terrienne
    Inactive
    (female)

terrienne HB User

Hi Lori, and ALL, hope you are doing better.

I think this is the only place where we can truly say, ' I know how you feel ',
    so, I DO know some of how you feel.
    Coming to this message board, where I know people understand me, has
    truly made my life eaiser these days. THANKS to everyone......,

I have been Bipolar so long, from my own experience, I think a LOT of what we have to deal with, besides meds., and that sort of thing, and just getting
    through family issues, of course, is having a good relationship with our Doctors. Lori didn't you say you liked yours ?

I have learned to make a list of things I want to talk to my Doctor about, and what all has been going on in my life, since I saw him last.
    I have found that when your Doctor sees that paper in your hand, more than likely, He/She WILL listen to you !
    And, I don't hesitate to ask questions, also.
    I guess I have learned this because of my medical problems in the middle
    of having Manic Depressive Illness. Life's a beach, sometimes....,
    I also have learned a LOT from my Doctor Father-in-Law, who has taught
    me that we have our rights, and we need to stick up for ourselves !

About ' Anxiety ', I was going through the ' climbing the wall state ', and I was acting like a snapping turtle, just biting everyone's head off.
    I was also having panic attacks, and could NOT leave my house.
    About a year ago, my BP Doctor asked me if I had taken Lexapro, after I
    explained how I had been feeling. I told him that I hadn't.
    So, after being on Lexapro, along with my list of meds., that I take every day, I have been ' chilled out ' ! It has been the miracle med., for me.
    I know, I know, not every med., works the same for everyone.
    I just wanted to share this info. with you guys !
    I hope I have helped someone today.

I have a question.......... ? What is the difference in BiPolar 1 and BiPolar 2 ?
    One of our Daughters has just been diagnosed with BiPolar 2 !
    Just wondering, and as far as I know, I don't think she's had a manic episode.
    However, my family tends to tip toe around me (I HATE THIS), like they
    think I will just fall apart when something serious is going on in the family.
    Does anybody else feel this way ?

I hope to hear from somebody...........,

Take Care,

Hope you ALL have a good day,
    Gee Gee

Old 04-08-2005, 07:45 AM   #24
    Christine1984

Christine1984 HB User

Hey goofy,
    That happened to me and my reason was because the medication called abilify did that 2 me, so the dr took me off it. Your meds are probably doing that 2 u. you have to change them up, or go on anew med. this is if you are on meds!!! okay. i understand exactly what your going through. take care, gd. luck christina

Old 04-08-2005, 03:16 PM   #25
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

ok, overtheedge, maybe we should move in together because my kids and husband are also ready to get rid of me LOL! I have NO patience with these people!!!

Gee Gee, I too made a list to bring to pdoc, but then I was embarrassed to get it out - lol! But I covered most of it, just forgot to ask about vitamins, fish oil, etc. I am dxd bipolar 2, I think because they say i get hypomanic episodes and not like full blown mania - whatever that means. Thanks for sharing about the lexapro and I am glad its helping. I love my pdoc. He is so mellow and I don't know, its just like I really DO matter.

Thanks Christina, I have been on the abilify for a couple days now and I am still waiting for something to happen.

Ok, so I haven't really slept the past 2 nights, I took the ambien last night and my little guy decided to play for 2 hours in the middle of the night, then the dog wanted out about 230, so needless to say, irritability was inevitable. I started out irritable, then I had fun for a while, back to irritable, then depressed, then ok for a while, then irritable again. Isn't this just normal? People have this stuff all the time, right? Whatever, I hate it. Oh, my pdoc said when I asked what it meant when the meds "kicked in", he said my moods or days would be predictable and stable like. So thats what I am shooting for.

Thank you everyone! Your input means a lot to me! Love, Lori

Old 04-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #26
    Ruth6:11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

Hi Gee Gee,
    Bipolar II is kinda like "Bipolar Lite". The lows are still there, but the highs don't quite reach official mania level. They call it "hypomanic" instead.
    I'm enjoying your posts!

(an oldtimer on many different levels)

Old 04-08-2005, 07:52 PM   #27
    terrienne
    Inactive
    (female)

terrienne HB User

Hi Ruth,

Thanks so much for your reply, and I really appreciate you thinking of me.
    I really needed this information.
    I'm an oldtimer too, but don't quite know what you mean about ' on many levels '.
    Duuuuuuuuh...,
    Take Care, (GLad to hear that someone is enjoying my posts !)
    Gee Gee

Old 04-08-2005, 07:58 PM   #28
    terrienne
    Inactive
    (female)

terrienne HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by overtheedge
    Lori,
    well i just need to add, maybe the dog needs some kind of meds too, cause i also have a dog, 130lb monster, that at least 2x a week will want to go out 5 or 6 times a night, i think he just like messing with my mind too,,,,can it really just be all of them and not us? lol

Gee Gee, i wish i had some answers for you, but iam so new at this but what i can offer to you is my support and a shoulder......and aprayer or two never ever hurts anyone.
    Denise
    Hi Denise
    Thanks for thinking of me........., and I will take that shoulder of support,
    and a prayer or two just any ol' day.
    Take Care,
    Gee Gee

Old 04-08-2005, 08:09 PM   #29
    terrienne
    Inactive
    (female)

terrienne HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by goofyafter2
    ok, overtheedge, maybe we should move in together because my kids and husband are also ready to get rid of me LOL! I have NO patience with these people!!!

Gee Gee, I too made a list to bring to pdoc, but then I was embarrassed to get it out - lol! But I covered most of it, just forgot to ask about vitamins, fish oil, etc. I am dxd bipolar 2, I think because they say i get hypomanic episodes and not like full blown mania - whatever that means. Thanks for sharing about the lexapro and I am glad its helping. I love my pdoc. He is so mellow and I don't know, its just like I really DO matter.

Thanks Christina, I have been on the abilify for a couple days now and I am still waiting for something to happen.

Ok, so I haven't really slept the past 2 nights, I took the ambien last night and my little guy decided to play for 2 hours in the middle of the night, then the dog wanted out about 230, so needless to say, irritability was inevitable. I started out irritable, then I had fun for a while, back to irritable, then depressed, then ok for a while, then irritable again. Isn't this just normal? People have this stuff all the time, right? Whatever, I hate it. Oh, my pdoc said when I asked what it meant when the meds "kicked in", he said my moods or days would be predictable and stable like. So thats what I am shooting for.

Thank you everyone! Your input means a lot to me! Love, Lori
    Gee Gee
    Hi Lori,

I hope you get that list out next time !
    Thanks for letting me hear from you.....,
    Take Care,
    Gee Gee

Old 04-08-2005, 08:12 PM   #30
    terrienne
    Inactive
    (female)

terrienne HB User

PS. Lori,
    I appreciate your information also ! I am an old timer about this BiPolar stuff, and
    I still have a LOT to learn.
    I am glad to have a place to go, where folks really DO understand what I'm going
    through, and hopefully, I can help someone TOO !
    Later.....,
    Gee Gee

Closed Thread