It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• Irritability???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-09-2005, 03:01 AM   #31
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
    Re: Irritability???

Gee Gee, I too feel so fortunate to have this site. Not only is everyone here so nice and helpful, but they all know at least some of what I am going through. Its nice that we can help each other, sure a pdoc can help but unless he is bipolar or f-ed up (LOL) also, he really can't "know" everything. All of our bits and pieces tell a big story. Thank you for being here! Love, Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2005, 04:42 AM   #32
    princess72
    Inactive
    (female)

princess72 HB User

Hi Denise..............I recently been diagnosed with bipolar and OCD! Long story short.......been depressed my whole life, im 33. Been on every anti depressant you can imagine. On Lamictal for a month. SCARED TO DEATH, to gain weight, i too suffered from eating disorder and the mental part stays with me!!!! I gained weight on Celexa, and took me forever to lose the weight. I am also on Buspar(anxiety) and Wellbutrin. My doc says these dont make you gain weight, the internet says diffrently, and my phyciatrist wont let me go off them. Lamictal supposidly is wonderful for bipolar, but is very slow in getting into your system, it takes awhile to feel the effects! Sorry for rambling on and on about weight gain........I AM OBSESSED about it and people are probably getting bored with reading all my posts about these drugs and gaining weight! I just have had so many different experiences with these drugs that a year ago i was anti-drugs to any med to make me feel better. K, just wanted to share................Have a great day!

Old 04-11-2005, 07:58 AM   #33
    pferg101
    (female)

pferg101 HB User

Well, I am off geodon. Back on seroquel, on wellbutrin and xanax as needed!! My mood is ok, then something makes me mad & I jump! Don't know what else to do as I have had too many side effects to these meds!

pferg

Old 04-11-2005, 09:57 AM   #34
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Ok, so how long for lamictal to work, princess? I have been on for a little over a month, almost a wk at 150 mg. I am just so irritable still. I have been on abilify for almost a wk too and I am still waiting for that too. I notice I am so easily startled now, just like with prozac. I don't mind that though, just sick of being a b--ch!

Good luck pferg. I am hopeful that there is combo made for all of us. Just the waiting is BITING THE BIG ONE!! There that feel better (LOL)

Have a great day everyone! I know I'll prob be ok for another few hours, then look out!

Old 04-11-2005, 04:38 PM   #35
    princess72
    Inactive
    (female)

princess72 HB User

Hey goofyafter2, I have been on Lamictal for a month! My doc said this med will take 4-6 weeks to feel anything! Talk about being IRRITABLE...........I cant stand this. I feel like im getting worse since i've been diagnosed! I have NO PATIENCE at all!!!!! Im on Buspar for anxiety, but i dont think it's working. Sure hope i feel this Lamictal soon. Take care....

Old 04-11-2005, 06:25 PM   #36
    princess72
    Inactive
    (female)

princess72 HB User

Overtheedge.....About calling the doc about weight gain!!!!! THAT'S ME TOO! My phyciatrist is making me stay on these med's that i think are making me gain weight! I cant tell if it's all in my head as well, seeing that i have about 15 disorder's that im dealing with. Sad fact-------ive never loved or accepted myself, im 33 with 2 kids! Oh about exploding on them, that was me today! No patience......even for chaos or being loud!!! I just want to go nuts!!! I feel crazy! I have to say i am sooooo happy that i have found a "real" doc to help me. Yes i have an answer to my "craziness" over a 15 year period all the doc's did was put me on anti depressants with more side effects that made me even more depressed! I finally got some answer's that i am bipolar and OCD, on top of ED, body image and self esteem, self worth....you name it! I get so confused on these boards, as far as how many times i've posted the same stuff to different people! Oh well, i wont obsess about it though, lol.......................

Last edited by princess72; 04-11-2005 at 06:27 PM.

Old 04-11-2005, 06:42 PM   #37
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

I don't mean to butt in, but both overtheedge and princess, your posts sound just like me! I am up a couple lbs and I freak out and start the binge/purge. dr put me on abilify to try to settle down til lamictal kicks in, told him i better not gain wt. I weigh myself quite a bit throughout the day. I can't help it.

I actually wrote in my journal that this past weekend that I was ready to smash my kids or break their arms or something, and i was just screaming my head off at them. I am not even a spanker so I am just wanting this crap to kick in because I am really hating myself. I too had to work at having these kids and I probably shouldn't hate them so much. It IS the noise. I have 2 and my 3 yr old is trying to kill me by whining.

Love, Lori

Old 04-11-2005, 07:00 PM   #38
    princess72
    Inactive
    (female)

princess72 HB User

Hi Lori.....I think i have replied to you before, as i said in my last post, i dont know who ive talked to and said what to. Anywayz, my kids are 11 and 15, and the teenager drives me insane.....k, they are suppose to, but im talking at a level that drives me over the edge. What im struggling with, is all my problems, and im having a hard time trying to deal with her problems. I feel so selfish and consumed with my own s*** all the time! I dont ignore or neglect them by any means!!!! It's just hard being a parent, and then to have all this on top of it! Hope to chat again....

Last edited by princess72; 04-11-2005 at 07:00 PM.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:44 PM   #39
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

I am sorry, I don't remember much either -lol! Sometimes I feel like its all about me too. My dh just informed me this past weekend how sick he is getting of me being a rag all the time and being sick and being on the computer all the time, etc. I forget how this must affect him too. I know I am not always treating my kids with enough attention. They are 3 and 9 months and they deserve so much better. I am hoping that once I calm down, I will be able to work better within my family unit. Thanks for your response. Love, Lori

Old 04-12-2005, 12:53 PM   #40
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

HI overtheedge. I am up to 150mg for like a week now. I am not really getting any less angry I don't think. I just feel like squeezing my kids til they shut up. I try to walk away from them instead. Then I feel bad when my son is screaming because of course he wants his mommy. oh, I see my pdoc tomorrow I think I will mention it. I think he mentioned topamax to me and said it makes you lose weight, but since I was fitting perfectly in the chart , he said he wouldn't give it to me for just that reason, but if this lamictal isn't going to work... I have also been on abilify for about a week now (supposed to take the edge off, til lamictal kicks in) whatever. I can't ramble on and on about this forever. Oh, plus I have severe sinus probs (result of mri) so I need to see a dr, but I had an "episode" with mine so I need to find a new one. I don't think these headaches are helping my moods either. I have noticed the abilify has taken my appetite away, so I might just tell him its going good to stay on it. I am so f-ed up!~ Anyhow, thank you for sharing with me. Love, Lori

Old 04-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #41
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Hey thanks Denise. I think I will visit it and check it out. I will definitely be trusting that my pdoc can decide what is best for me. I'll keep you posted (of course, how could I ever shut up-lol). Thanks for the info.

Old 04-13-2005, 11:51 AM   #42
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Well guys, no more abilify for me. On to bigger and better, LITHIUM. This sucks! Anyone just wanna quit this trip??

Old 04-13-2005, 04:51 PM   #43
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Thank you so much for your support! It means more then you know. Love, Lori

Old 04-13-2005, 06:39 PM   #44
    polarized13
    Inactive
    (female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
    polarized13 HB User

Hi Lori,

My doctor mentioned to me about putting me on lithium if this last combo doesn't work. But you have to have your blood checked every month? That sounds like a hassle. Why do they make you do that?

By the way, congratulations on having a five star thread, and thanks again for all the support during my little crisis.

You're the best!!

~~heather~~

ps. I'm so glad that everyone has shared their stories about how they feel with their kids. I was feeling so guilty for not enjoying my kids like I should, and being so crabby, now I feel so much better. I know it isn't just me, its this stupid disorder, or side effects from the drugs they put us on.

Last edited by polarized13; 04-13-2005 at 06:58 PM.

Old 04-14-2005, 02:29 AM   #45
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Thanks Heather for everything. He said i need blood chked Mon at first and the he didnt say how often but the need to keep an eye on your thyroid and kidneys. I am just crying right now. I hate this madness. Life is hard enough.

Ok,end of pity party. guess i have to deal with it. he said i would just be on it until i get through this "episode". the lamictal only deals w/the depression side.

I feel like such a rotten mother, I either need to get myself fixed no matter what they put me on, or give my kids away (lol-sort of).

ok, so heres what i'm on, 150 mg lamictal, 300 mg lithium (think thats each pill though and I take 2), and 10 mg ambien (at nite for sleep). Just tried it again last nite and my ds woke me up after an hour and I was so out of it, it was ridiculous. But I think I did sleep better. Before that I was rambling to dh about Christmas shopping of all things

How are you all doing? Thanks so much for all the support. I really need it. Love, Lori

Closed Thread