It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• Irritability???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-14-2005, 07:12 AM   #46
    polarized13
    Inactive
    (female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
    polarized13 HB User
    Re: Irritability???

Lori,

Don't be so hard on yourself!! We are coping with a very difficult illness. It's so complicated to cope with the symptoms, and side-effects, and find the right doctors to help you.

We are all doing the best we can to be good parents and partners, and not let this desease take over our lives. Maybe it's a little easier for those of us with bipolar 2, but for those of us who have full blown bipolar, in addition to eating disorders, or addiction issues, or ptsd, or adhd, it's so hard to be normal!! I think our spouses deserve an award for putting up with us!!

We are pretty new to this whole thing, and still tying to figure it all out, so cut yourself a break, you are doing fine. Just being aware of your issues puts you ahead of a lot of people who live in denial, right?

take it easy, I'll talk to you later

~~heather~~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #47
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Thanks for the boost Heather! Love, Lori

Old 04-15-2005, 12:30 PM   #48
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

OMG overtheedge! That lady sucks!!!! Can't you find someone else to see??? I HATE her!!! She just doesn't get it! You are not injuring them! She sucks! Let me know what you decide. Please don't feel bad about that, there is enough other crap to feel bad about -lol! Love, Lori

Old 04-15-2005, 04:23 PM   #49
    polarized13
    Inactive
    (female)

polarized13 HB User

Hey,

I just wanted to throw something in here, possibly it may help to diffuse the situation a little bit. Psychologists, and psychiatrists are mandated reporters, which means if someone tells them something that may even resemble child abuse in any little way, they have to report it, or risk losing their license, or even going to jail if something actually happens to the child in question.

Also, just because she calls CPS doesn't mean that your kids will be taken away from you. That isn't how it works. Believe me, I had a neighbor who was the worst mother on the face of the earth, literally let her one year old run around naked in the street in the winter, and payed no attention to the child at all except to give her spankings, and they didn't take her kids away.

They might just come out and interview you and find out if you need help and support in any way, and possibly make you take parenting classes or something.

I wouldn't lay a hand on my children at any time for any reason, and if someone is dealing with psychiatric issues, and struggling to cope, I don't think it's such a bad idea that maybe someone comes and helps you cope with the situation.

I just hope that everything works out. The system is set up to keep anything bad from happening before things get out of hand in a case like this, not to take children from their parents. If you are a good, loving parent, and you haven't hurt your kids, then you have nothing to worry about.

good luck, I hope you're all ok

~~heather~~

Last edited by polarized13; 04-18-2005 at 07:02 AM. Reason: made an error~~

Old 04-15-2005, 06:56 PM   #50
    polarized13
    Inactive
    (female)

polarized13 HB User

Hi again,

I'm sure you're a great Mom. And it think alot of the time things like this get blown out of proportion. I'm always really carefull about anything I say to any healthcare provider, about when I'm really depressed or whatever. You never know when someone will use good judgement, or jump to conclusions. Try not to worry too much about it. It will work itself out.

sincerely,

~heather~

Old 04-17-2005, 03:42 PM   #51
    BethyGirlie
    (female)

BethyGirlie HB User
    Unhappy Re: Irritability???

I get the same way. I feel as if I literally wake up on "the wrong side of the bed" and I know what kind of day it is going to be. I get so angry at stupid things, and I freak out and cry about stuff that I can't really control. I swear I feel like the worst roommate, because sometimes I feel as if I can't control these moods. Blah.

*Beth*

Old 04-17-2005, 09:09 PM   #52
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Denise, Congratualations on the great review! Nice to know you are feeling better. I too feel as though my patience is starting to recover. We will be the best moms by the end of this thing. LOL. Oh yeah, we already were.

Beth, Are you on any meds at all?

Old 04-29-2005, 06:57 AM   #53
    BethyGirlie
    (female)

BethyGirlie HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by goofyafter2
    Denise, Congratualations on the great review! Nice to know you are feeling better. I too feel as though my patience is starting to recover. We will be the best moms by the end of this thing. LOL. Oh yeah, we already were.

Beth, Are you on any meds at all?
    Yeah, I am on Lamictal. Just got it increased to 200mg. It is helping a great deal. I feel like I have a lot more control of my moods now. My therapist told me that I just need to find the right dosage and I'll be alright. I think I did with the 200mg. It is just right. I was still moody with the 150, but on the 200 I think it took just the right amount of "edge" off.

Old 05-01-2005, 04:04 AM   #54
    goofyafter2
    Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Beth, HOORAY!! Good for you! I hope the dosage continues to work well for you! Can't wait til I get there, think I am getting close. Love, Lori

Old 06-09-2005, 05:40 AM   #55
    kbatten278
    (female)

kbatten278 HB User

hi,
    I get extremly irritable when i go into mania, it seems i go right into hypomania. I can physically feel it. It feels like if you clench your fist as tight as you can, thats how my whole body feels. On edge. Tense. Sometimes it lasts longer than other times. I get very verbally mean so i try to try and get the emotions out. I try to stay away from people when i am like this. I do try to keep in mind that "this will pass" but it is hard. I know for me when i have a manic a depression is soon to follow. I tend to do really stupid things when i am manic. I make decisions that i normally wouldn't make, not thinking of the outcome of it. Hense ending a marraige.
    kbatten278

Old 06-09-2005, 06:42 AM   #56
    pferg101
    (female)

pferg101 HB User

I know how difficult this can be for you! Sorry! Are you on meds for this? I mostly just get irritable. Like bad PMS!

Pam

Old 06-09-2005, 08:27 AM   #57
    terrienne
    Inactive
    (female)

terrienne HB User

Hi ! Lori,

I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time...,

Heather always seems to know just what to say, doesn't she ?
    She always makes me feel better, and she's such a dear, with a lot of
    intuition, in insight....,

I take ' Seroquel ', which my DH calls my agitation, aggrivation, irritablility,
    Med., and it is exellent for good sleeping.

As I told someone the other day.................,
    I take ' Upper's, and Downer's and In-betweener's !

I also take ' Lexapro ', for anxiety ! This is/has been a life saver for me !
    I have been taking this for over a year, and it's made my life so much better.
    I just thought I would throw this in, hope it helps.

Take Care, and I hope you are feeling better soon...,
    Gee Gee

Closed Thread