It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• Depakote and Sleeping

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-29-2005, 12:18 AM   #1
    ricrokrol
    (male)

ricrokrol HB User
    Depakote and Sleeping

Can some of youll in here tell me if Depakote helps you sleep, from what I have read it can cause a sedation side effect. That would be a side effect I would welcome. I am currently on 1500mg lithium a day and it does not help me sleep. i have been put on several anti-psychotics meds which all cause me to have a rapid heartbeat, last week by just taking 75 mg of seroquel, I ended up in the Er, they ran a EKG and told me they thought it was just anotherr panic attack. My psycharist and family doctors both got copies of the EKG and said my qts were above 400, they were 426 and said stop the seroquel immediately , I was high risk for sudden cardiac failure, due to the medicine and it sux, because i have been on 9 different meds in the laast 2 months and seroquel at a small dose 50-75 was the only one giving me solid 8hrs sleep every night. All the strong ones(benzos) and ambien and the newest drug Lunesta don't give me more than 4 hrs sleep max. Please help me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Depakote for Bipolar II ? windimeria2000 Bipolar Disorder 14 09-28-2012 08:07 AM
    weight gain and sleepiness with Depakote PrincessSarah7 Bipolar Disorder 12 02-18-2009 07:42 PM
    i dont like depakote xr 1000 mgs its making me sleep too much .have to vent ... vickie45 Epilepsy 8 06-12-2008 06:57 AM
    Side effects on depakote, now what? purple sage Epilepsy 3 02-25-2008 07:28 AM
    Prescribing Depakote or Gabatril for PAIN??? sthnglrl Pain Management 6 09-30-2005 05:28 PM
    Depakote and anger? Missing-Me Bipolar Disorder 6 11-15-2004 10:48 PM
    risperidol & depakote???? lockedaway Bipolar Disorder 1 02-17-2004 09:36 AM
    Switching from Dilantin to Depakote Phantom_309 Epilepsy 3 05-10-2002 06:46 PM