It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• Anyone use flavay/plus?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-26-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
    8-9-10
    (male)

8-9-10 HB User
    Anyone use flavay/plus?

I saw an add for this and saw many testimonials that said it worked but of course im still a skeptic. Heres some of the things it says it helps.

Phosphatidyl Serine....studies on humans, show that phosphatidyl serine supplementation works consistently for the brain and benefits virtually every brain function. By boosting membrane functions in cells throughout the brain, phosphatidyl serine seems to boost many nerve transmitters

Ginkgo Biloba... It has been shown to help with short-term memory improvement (especially in older populations), and cognitive disorders secondary to depression, among other conditions.

GABA... some people with anxiety, panic disorders, and depression may not manufacture sufficient levels of GABA

Flavay...a powerfully effective antioxidant that recycles other antioxidants in the body.

Vitamin A (as Beta-carotene)... A powerful antioxidant.

Vitamin B-1 (Thiamin)... improves mental attitude and keeps the nervous system, muscles and heart functioning normally...some psychiatrists use vitamin B-1 for various emotional and psychiatric illnesses, oftentimes with medication.

Vitamin B-2 (Riboflavin)... Assists in energy metabolism, inadequate intake may cause depression, moodiness, nervousness, and irritability.

Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine)...: the nervous system is dependent on vitamin B-6 for the production of GABA and neurotransmitters in the brain, such as serotonin and dopamine. Inadequate intake is associated with depression, confusion, dizziness, insomnia, irritability, and nervousness..

Vitamin B-12 (Cyanocobalamin)... Vitamin B-12 increases energy, relieves irritability, and improves concentration, memory and balance.

Vitamin C: a potent free radical scavenger and it recycles vitamin E in the body. Vitamin C plays a primary role in the formation of collagen and it is essential for a healthy cardiovascular system and a strong immune system.

Vitamin E... decreases elevated hormone levels and prevents and treats anemias.

Selenium...has a synergistic effect with vitamin E, which means that the two combined are more powerful than either alone. Low blood levels of selenium have been strongly associated with an increased risk of heart attack, stroke, and many different types of cancer.

Zinc... an essential mineral, has many important effects on the brain and immune system, including neurotransmitter production and enzyme functioning. There is evidence that zinc levels fall after physical and mental stress.

These nutrients are all included in Flavay Plus® —all naturally derived and from the highest quality sources

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2007, 02:09 PM   #2
    8-9-10
    (male)

8-9-10 HB User
    Re: Anyone use flavay/plus?

Anything anyone could add would be great i plan on showing this to my pdoc

Old 02-27-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
    tsohl
    Inactive
    (female)

tsohl HB User
    Re: Anyone use flavay/plus?

I don't think anyone has any experience with it. I did a search on the Message Boards and there were just a couple mentions of it and they were on the Acne and Lyme Disease boards!

I looked at the information on the Internet and it sounds interesting. I'll be curious what your pdoc thinks. My son's pdoc isn't much of an experimenter. He always says things like "Your meds are working. Why risk messing it up?" and stuff like that.

Please post with your pdoc's reaction. I am curious to know what a doctor thinks.

Closed Thread