It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• Sertraline's goin to give me back my sex drive!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-11-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
    NutshellNutter
    Veteran
    (female)

NutshellNutter HB User
    Sertraline's goin to give me back my sex drive!!!!

Hi All,
    Well - you know my score... dx BP2, on mirtazapine and carbamazapine.

My pdoc was consdiering changing the carbamazapine to Seroquel as I had become a little unstable, but the final rise to 800mg Carbamazapine sorted me out - stable again!

Anyway, its been a looooonggggggg time since I've had any sex drive with these meds - since Nov 2004! Dear bless my poor OH!
    Before now though I've never really missed it - always too depressed. But no I think it's time to get that part of my life back and time to give that part of my partner's life back to him too!!!
    So, I brought it up with pdoc and he immediately said it is most possibly due to the Mirtazapine. So, I'm changing over to Sertraline as my anti-dep. I'm a bit anxious as Mirtaz is the only one (out of MANY) that I've tried that has worked for me. Also, when I last tried to change my anti-dep I suffered serotonin syndrome (potentially fatal) so I have to completely withdraw from the mirtaz, clean my system completely before starting the Sertraline - so that will mean that there is a period of time when I am not covered at all.

Anyway, we'll see - wish me luck with this Sertraline. Anyone any experience with it - I'd be interested to hear about any effects of it - good AND bad - and any effects at all.....

Nut.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2007, 08:11 PM   #2
    JasonFMX
    Inactive
    (male)

JasonFMX HB User
    Re: Sertraline's goin to give me back my sex drive!!!!

my wifes on it. seems to work fine for her.

if i'm not mistaken sertraline is generic for zoloft and I'm told it actually inhibits sex drive... i could be wrong, thats just hear say.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #3
    Llama
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Llama HB User
    Re: Sertraline's goin to give me back my sex drive!!!!

Just wanted to let you know that it's good you are on a mood stabilizer because this drug made me totally manic out of my mind!!! It should be ok though because you are on that mood stabilizer. Good luck!

Closed Thread