It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• Just back from crisis inpatient stay

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
    NutshellNutter
    Veteran
    (female)

NutshellNutter HB User
    Just back from crisis inpatient stay

Hi all,
    Well, I had a depessive crisis last Friday - my world collapsed catastrophically. I phoned my pdoc and he met with me as an e,ergency on the Saturday and advised a few days inpatient care. I refused and went home.

My fiance took the Monday off to be with me at home, although I was falling futher and further. I was taking some diazepam to try to kerb the worst feelings of anxiety that were accompanying my depression but it was starting to not work anymore.

My fiance had to return to work on the Tuesday and I found myself, lonely and suicidally depressed at home. I decided to go inpatient the next day.

I came home yesterday and am now on amisulpride to calm my feelings of anxitey. I am feeling much better but still feel very fragile to the slightest trigger.

And so the world of my BP grows, my bipolar journey now contains another route to the dark side, the thing is none of these routes were on my map when I started!

Nut.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
    dreams in neon
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dreams in neon HB Userdreams in neon HB User
    Re: Just back from crisis inpatient stay

Nut,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a rough time, but am glad you decided to go inpatient. I'm inpatient myself (I went this morning) due to feeling sucidal yesterday. I'm accessing the boards using the phone line in my room and my BrailleNote (a PDA for the blind). Anyways, I'm thinking of you and hope that you feel better soon.
    Prozac 40mg
    Risperdal 1mg titrating to 6mg/day
    Klonopin .5mg (2x/day)
    Trazodone 100mg or 200mg PRN

Closed Thread