It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• and for the main course...Lithium

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
    blp101
    (male)

blp101 HB User
    and for the main course...Lithium

Dear all,

Good to be back I have been watching from a far but not posted for a while. The update is as follows: Finally go the PDoc assessment and passed my BP and Cyclothemia exams with flying colours!

Been very wary later as I seem to be surrounded by people out to wind me up at the moment. The GP is as flippant as ever, I recently called in to ask what I should between pdoc sessions as has been told to come off Citralopam immediately, was concerned about side effects. It was 2 weeks flying solo until my next pdoc session so wanted to see what support would be available and what to expect/prevent, at this point I was told "You have been like this for years, so a week waiting shouldn't hurt" Great dude, and you are a qualified professional that I am trusting my mental and physical health with.

Followed only by a genealogy session with counselor which opened alot of old wounds that needed covering only to be told on the strike of 6pm (1 hour after start of session) "Lets pick this up next week" I was in bits and felt.... still do, very alone and vulnerable at the moment.

So this week I have been tested for everything and commence my Lithium lifestyle in the near future. Not sure when... have been putting that off.

Went out at the weekend and got right back on to that old familiar friend Cocaine, was seduced by it and slipped back into the same old habits. This i regret the most as I let myself down. Didn't get into trouble kept it all very quiet but did it none the less.

Have started drinking again, not a lot but enough. Have been told to stop drinking when I start Lithium, this is another delay tactic to me mentally can I stop drinking? that's what I do, if there was a sport in it I would be a world leader.

Have started smoking Marijuana again to get to sleep as my gp will not supply anymore Zopiclone to sleep, so wake up every hour on the hour at night in a panic. Losing sleep is the worst and every night I can't sleep every hour that I am robbed of is one step nearer depression and being overwhelmed.

Have taken on a 2nd job which was a financial decision, about to start the years biggest project with company 1 and all that is hectic as F*** but not in a positive "I can do this way"

So where am I? no further forward that I was this time last year, still none the wiser or any better off. I am constantly reminded that "There is no quick fix" but any hope of a fix would be nice. I am determined to beat this but find that the more I know the more I am being told that I am obsessing, those around me are not being very supportive at the moment and I am not making it easy to be around.

Grr started out this just wanting to say hi, I am still here but turned into a rant.

Sorry!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
    Greenjuice
    (male)

Greenjuice HB User
    Re: and for the main course...Lithium

Hang in there. Relapse is just another beginning. Your still human. Right off I'll tell you what I take to fall asleep, and it last for 8 hours and I cld put in more if I didn't have to wake up. I take Power to Sleep PM from irwin naturals along with 500mg of PharmaGABA. I get amazing sleep from this concoction. Amazing. You can find these at your local natural markets or online. The PharmaGABA is almost like benzos. Hang in there buddy!

Old 10-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
    mowgli
    (female)

mowgli HB User
    Re: and for the main course...Lithium

Wow, that's epic!
    Smoking and drinking have never been much for helping me to sleep, they make me tired, but sleep-no, in fact if anything they interupt my sleep. I haven't tried it, but my sis-in-law has the same problem, she's a heavy drinker and has major problems getting to sleep, and even more staying asleep, has started using a natural remedy called "sound asleep" and my sister uses another one that I can't remember the name of for daughter with autism. They are supposed to not help you get to sleep so much as stay asleep, though they both say they do both.
    It bites that your counsellor left you hanging, I wonder if they realise they do that or if it they think they are giving you food for thought? I've lost count of the amount of times I have left a counselling session feeling so unhinged that I have gone home and and had a drink to calm myself- constructive I know! I know it is time for me to go back and get some more counselling (I had to stop because I kept yelling at her), but the thought of stirring things up is putting me off!
    I hope things get on the up and up for you, and I hope the lithium works a treat for you. It has done well for me (when I remember to take it).
    ... And at the risk of sounding your like your pdoc- stay off the hard stuff, forget the b.p.... it's just not good for you anyway!
    Keep posting and keep us up to date.

Closed Thread