It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• I'm Positive I have Bipolar 1 Disorder... What Now?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
    LouieJoy
    (female)

LouieJoy HB User
    Thumbs down I'm Positive I have Bipolar 1 Disorder... What Now?

My parents say they won't take me to a therapist. My doctor tried to
    tell them I'm depressed, but my mom just yelled at me and started cursing at me and I don't know what to do. I've told my school counselor, my doctor, and my health teacher. I have no friends at school whatsoever. Everyone refers to me as that "mental" or "psycho" girl.

One minute I'm laughing and overexcited, and the next I'm crying and depressed. I cry almost every night about how I'm nothing. I have an unusually high sex drive, then feel ashamed. I threaten to beat people up for fun and laugh at not very funny things. I'm also really fat and ugly to add to the mix. My doctor and health teacher say I'm fine weight wise and pretty, but I haven't looked at myself that way since I was like four.

Before I began thinking I had Bipolar 1 depression, my art teacher actually called my mom. She told my
    mom how I was talking about to the people in class about setting my body on fire, while I was painting a picture of a black river with blood dripping down into it. She said that one day I act so distant and sad and the next day I'm screaming and giggling and running around. When I'm happy I'm overly happy and when I'm sad I'm overly sad. It's been getting worse lately and I feel like I'm just a waste of space for everyone.

I not concentrate in class no matter how hard I try so... I'm failing every class. My report card was: E E D- E E E E. I love when I'm overly happy, I feel so high it's like I'm on top of the world, but when it ends it hits me hard in the gut. I'm the middle child, and the only girl, and my brothers are always teasing me about how fat, ugly, and stupid I am. What do I do? Please help me.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: LouieJoy
    emmabipolar (02-21-2011),Vivica (02-24-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
    Maneka5*
    (female)

Maneka5* HB User
    Re: I'm Positive I have Bipolar 1 Disorder... What Now?

Hi there, it sounds like your parents are not supportive emotionally and are not taking this seriously. Also it must be very hard for a young lady to find her place in the world when she has no support network either at home or at school. Your feelings are totally understandable and Im so sorry you are going through this alone.

Please try and speak to your doctor again because he/she will have to try harder to speak on your behalf. You may not be bipolar, considering how your family treat you it sounds normal to feel that way, but if you have bipolar you will need their support. Keep at it until they listen but as i said earlier get an adult like your doctor/teacher to speak for you because its important that someone outside your family are aware of whats going on. You are a human being and you deserve care and love. Best wishes sweety

Old 02-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
    annii456
    (female)

annii456 HB Userannii456 HB User

If you are insistent with counselor and doctor they should have names and places where you can go or call for more help.

The very best of luck to you my dear, I will keep you in my prayers,
    Annii456

Old 02-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
    katlin09
    Inactive
    (female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time. School is definitely hard enough without the added pressure of having mental illness to deal with. Have you asked your school counselor, who you spoke with, to speak with your parents, to try and make them understand that there is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed and treated?

The other option would be to tell your counselor that your parents won't help you and have the counselor contact social services, they can force your parents to provide help for you....I know this is a drastic step....but you really do need to have help with this, it's not something that you can do on your own without professional help. I truly hope that you find some help soon, we're here in the meantime when you need to talk.

Kat

Closed Thread