It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• My story, any advice?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
    BoogaBear86
    (female)

BoogaBear86 HB User
    Unhappy My story, any advice?

(I'm new to this whole message board process, so bear with me.)

Life has become somewhat of a soap opera for me, lately. 6 months ago I became a mother to a beautiful baby girl... because of the pregnancy I had to cut back on my medication (Effexor XR) with good reason... up until about 2 months ago everthing seemed ok, but lately I've noticed my mood swings are as intense as they have ever been. I'm in a relationship with a man that understands I am bipolar, however understanding can only take you so far, and I'm afraid that if I don't get a handle on my own mind I'll lose him, who aside from my daughter is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I know I should definately get back on medicine but I also believe that I myself must learn how to live with my bipolar ways. However, now it's not just my moods swings...

I've become severely insecure and very pessimistic. Anyone that has any advice what so ever, please, feel free... I'd also love to connect with anyone that has maybe been in a similar situation, and conquered it. Thanks for your time.

The following user gives a hug of support to BoogaBear86:
    SwingHer (03-20-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
    SwingHer
    (female)

SwingHer HB User
    Re: My story, any advice?

I have been where you are right now, only I was taking Zoloft at the time... I am concerned about you and how you are doing now. If you have any specific questions I am here for you. I went completely off my medications during pregnancy, which caused me to become a complete mess so hopefully my experience with BiPolar will be of use to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to SwingHer For This Useful Post:
    BoogaBear86 (03-21-2011)
    Old 07-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
    6PillJunkette9
    (female)

6PillJunkette9 HB User
    Re: My story, any advice?

Yep I am in the exact same position! I had my girl 5 months ago and my mood so flat I am having trouble bonding with my daughter. Pregnancy was amazing though I was on such a high... My partner understands me and for the most part we get alone pretty well!

Closed Thread