It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• Please stay away from zeldox

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
    platinummattt
    (male)

platinummattt HB User
    Please stay away from zeldox

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, I want everyone to know my experience with Zeldox, so hopefully they don't go through the absolute TERROR I did.

So I'll start from the beginning, I got a referral to a psychiatrist, from my family dr, because I was experiencing some anger issues, and a little bit of paranoia. I went to my first appointment with this "psychiatrist" and told him my symptoms, and he prescribed me Zeldox at a dose of 60mg twice a day. I should have figured out something was not safe about this medication, because I went to 3 pharmacy's (all major chains) to fill it, and none of them had it on hand, all said they had to order it. I waited a few days and got a call 10 days ago saying that it was ready. I picked it up in the afternoon, and proceeded that night around 9:30pm with my first dose of 60mg. I became very tired, and fell asleep within the hour. The next morning I woke up at about 5am, and was wide awake (very rare, I usually sleep until at least 10am), I also immediately noticed the effects from the Zeldox, I had taken the night before, which actually impressed me in the beginning, I felt great, full of energy, happy, and ready to go about my day. I did however also notice that the effects were very intense, and I thank god now for this, but I decided to not take the morning dose, because I figured it would be asleep, and the medication seemed to be working pretty damn effectively as it was, again I thank god for that decision. This routine went on for the 1st 4 days I took the medication, then the symptoms started around the end of the 4th day. For the next 3 days and I'm going to try to remember the order I noticed each symptom 1st it was hard to urinate, not painful, just hard, but still able to be done. 2 nd I noticed was sleeplessness, 3rd heart racing, 4th extremities freezing cold, 5th minor delusions 6 running nose 7 very sore throat. 8 stiffness in extremities and confusion 9 tightness in chest 10 rushed to the hospital in cardiac arrest and coming very close to DEATH.

All of these symptoms started very minor, but noticeable, and increased slowly over the next 4 days, and when they got to there worse I actually stopped taking it after the 7th nights dose, and didn't get rushed to the hospital until 30 hours after my last dose, it was very sudden and to late, the damage was already done. I'm not on any other medications, and the dr in the hospital, ( where I still am at lying in bed with my laptop posting this, I should be released in the next couple days) told me I should have never been given this medication, and that if I had taken the full dose I was prescribed, I would have died. I do want to let you know that this was not an allergic reaction, and I've never had an issue with any medication in my life before this. It was caused only by the power of whatever the hell is in that stuff. I took 7 pills over 8 days and I nearly died, and honestly I know some of the people that read this will think that I don't have the medical condition required to be on this and that's why I had such extreme effects from it, but honestly I really can't see how this drug could help someone with the most severe mental health diagnosis, if it does work for you, then great, but if your about to start it please use extreme caution, and don't be alone.

I am a 33yr old , Male, 6ft, 200lbs, otherwise healthy, and I have to say this was the most terrifying experience in my life to date, and I've never posted on a board before, but I felt the need to warn, because I don't wish this on my worst enemy. AGAIN IF STARTING THIS MEDICATION PLEASE< PLEASE< PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
    katlin09
    Inactive
    (female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
    Re: Please stay away from zeldox

So what was the Dr.'s reason for saying the drug should not have been prescribed to you?

Closed Thread