It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• One bipolar mommy in need of advice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-07-2014, 05:03 AM   #1
    breeanna26
    (female)

breeanna26 HB User
    Question One bipolar mommy in need of advice

So it appears I am bipolar I have severe depression and a bunch of other labels as well. I am a single mother of an incredibly smart 2 year old. Whom I encourage everyday to be honest with his feelings and tell me what's going on. He is very verbal for his age. Like talks like he is 4. Any ways my issue is not him it's me... I am on meds for bipolar and the others. But... I can't seem to get myself stable. I'm up and down all day long I'm angry one minute with no patience and then I'm super manic full of energy the next I'm 22 years old and I've tried every med out there. And lately I've noticed myself going down hill. Went to the doc and she said it happens every month or so and should level back out. Which is no ally true. But this time is different and way longer then before. For starter I have been having very bad night mares. Vivid dreams are a norm but of scary things like that are just not and I wake up groggy and in a bad mood... Set up for a bad day. It probably wouldn't be so bad if my son understood that mommy has a disease and it's hard sometimes to be the best I can be... So symptoms sleep more then 13 hours a day, hard time being happy, hard time having happy thoughts, crazy dreams, up and downs all day long, irritable and grouch like behaviors, zero patients, angry more than any other feelings, change of heart, goals unreached, no motivation.

So my question or statement is...
    How do y'all get past these areas of bipolar??? What helps?? Because I'm stuck and my little angel deserves better...

Last edited by Administrator; 02-07-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2014, 05:02 AM   #2
    Surfersteve9
    (male)

Surfersteve9 HB User
    Re: One bipolar mommy in need of advice

I know it is very frustrating right now but have faith. My road was very bumpy at the beginning too.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #3
    caligirl513
    (female)

caligirl513 HB User

I don't know...is your doc a psychiatrist or a GP? Make sure you are seeing someone who really understands bipolar and is willing to help you off the roller coaster. I don't know how you explain bipolar to a young child. I have a 10 year old and it is not easy. He wants to "fix" it and I tell him he can't. When I'm sad, he's sad. I worry that this will somehow "rub off" on him.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
    breeanna26
    (female)

breeanna26 HB User

I have a nurse practitioner who specializes in mental health I worry about that too. Sometimes I think he is bipolar tho lol because he is all up and down throughout the day too so sometimes we have emotional days but he's pretty good for the most part.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #5
    CM0608
    (female)

CM0608 HB User

Well, there can be many underlying reasons to your depression and anger. I know for me it has helped to talk to someone. Talk therapy has helped me to think more positively about my life and myself. It was hard at first, but eventually I started having more good days than bad. And finally I was able not to label a day "depressed". Medicines are important, but they really don't solve the underlying problem. Are you talking to a professional on a regular basis (not your pdoc, but a therapist) ? Maybe that would help. Also exercise, drinking lots of water, relaxation exercises, and affirmations are helpful to me.

Closed Thread