It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board

• Getting there

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
    OhioFireSpirit
    (female)

OhioFireSpirit HB User
    Arrow Getting there

I've been diagnosed almost 3 months, and am already feeling much better than I have in years. I've got a great treatment team, and for that I am very grateful. I'm currently on 400 mg Lamictal, 900 mg lithium, 40 mg Latuda, 100mg trazodone, and 10mg Ambien. I'm feeling much more stable than I have in a long time, after having a 3 week manic episode that almost ended in hospitalization, only narrowly missing it by having the lithium take effect. I've just noticed I'm constantly thirsty since starting the lithium. And despite the trazodone and ambien, I'm still having a hard time sleeping more than 4 hrs at a time. I just saw my psychiatrist, and he said we have a lot of options for sleep aid choices, and at this time he's adding the trazodone back into the mix, along with the ambien. Anyone else have a hard time sleeping despite their mood being stable? The only saving grace is there must still be enough mania left that I seem to be able to function without issue. Of course that might be my issue. I'm just feeling sleepy all the time. Doc just switched the times I'm taking the Latuda and the lithium in hopes that it'll help my drowsiness and sleeplessness. Today is going to be the 1st day I'm taking those at night, so we'll see.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
    Abusiveexbf
    (female)

Abusiveexbf HB User
    Re: Getting there

Hi yes I've been taking bipolar meds since 2010. I currently take 800 mgs of Seroauel and 200 mgs of Lamictal at night. I've tried Ambien and Trazadone too neither or which helped. Insomnia has been an ongoing problem for me. I rarely ever sleep well at night.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
    lifesgood2
    (female)

lifesgood2 HB User

When I got diagnosed with bipolar last year, I was on a variety of medications including Trazodone and Celexa. The Psych doctor took me off both of them as they can trigger mania for me. I started on 8 mg of Rozerem for sleep in November of last year and my sleep improved dramatically. The only thing with this med is that it can take up to 3 hours to kick, so you don't want to take it 30 minutes before bedtime.

Today I take Geodon 40mgs, Trileptal 300mgs and Gabapentin 600mgs (not sure if this works for either anxiety or insomnia), and also take Klonopin 1mg as needed. For the first time in years, since I started getting sick, I am on a regular schedule, is going to school, working part time and my life is no longer ruled by my symptoms.

Good luck on your recovery journey.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:31 PM   #4
    Abusiveexbf
    (female)

Abusiveexbf HB User

Celexa caused a manic switch for me as well. I literally didn't go to bed for five days.

Closed Thread

Tags
    drowsiness, lamictal, lithium, meds