It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Spotting While on Pill

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-04-2015, 02:07 PM   #1
    monn330
    (female)

monn330 HB User
    Spotting While on Pill

Hi everyone,

I have noticed some very, very light brown spotting this week, which is the week before my expected period. I am sexually active and have been on the pill for about three years now. I was originally on Microgestin Fe but when I switched pharmacies about three months ago they put me on Junel Fe which is essentially the same thing with the same active ingredients. My boyfriend and I do not use condoms as we are monogamous and I am on the pill, but he does not ejaculate inside of me. About a week ago I also experienced a lot more white discharge than usual, but went to the doctor and ruled out chlamydia, gonorrhea, bacterial vaginosis, and a yeast infection. Due to the spotting (which is not normal for me at all) and the excess discharge, I am psyching myself out over the possibility of pregnancy. Do you think I should be worried? I take my pill every single night between 10 and 11 pm and have not missed a single one. I am also nervous that if I'm spotting due to my birth control my pill might not be as effective. Thanks guys!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2015, 08:25 AM   #2
    rosier
    Veteran
    (female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
    Re: Spotting While on Pill

Quick suggestion, make an appointment with a gyno and get a check up. Just to make sure everything is alright. It might a pregnancy or something else going on. Spotting while in the pill, could be something. Please get to a doctor and get it checked out. Hugs for today.

Rosier
    Never give up.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #3
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: Spotting While on Pill

Spotting and breakthrough bleeding are the top most common side effects while being on the pill. Sooner or later, everyone who is on the pill will experience this side effect. It has nothing to do with pregnancy and it's not something you need to worry about. You've been taking it very consistently and correctly, unlike some other people who post on here (like the ones who forget or take it really late or whatever), so you shouldn't have any concerns.

Closed Thread

Tags
    birth control, break through bleeding, spotting