It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Has anybody else gone crazy while taking birth control??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2016, 12:48 PM   #1
    sunnyday70
    (female)

sunnyday70 HB User
    Has anybody else gone crazy while taking birth control??

I have been taking lo loestrin fe for 2.5 months. The first two weeks I felt fine, but since then I have had had crazy mood swings with crying up to 3 times in one day (that has gotten better now its less than once a day), I'm very irritable and angry every day especially towards my boyfriend, extremely jealous and irrational and emotional over little things. I have had bouts of depression before too and my moods can be unstable and I feel as athough the hormones are making it alot worse. I have tried Alesse as well, which made even CRAZIER. Anybody experience the same thing? Does your body eventually adjust?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2016, 03:22 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Has anybody else gone crazy while taking birth control??

Some women just can't tolerate birth control. I would talk with your gyno about it as it seems you are one. Perhaps a Mirena IUD would work better.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:19 AM   #3
    MyCat55
    (female)

MyCat55 HB UserMyCat55 HB UserMyCat55 HB User

There are lots of different birth control pills out there.

You need to go back to your doctor and ask for a different one with different levels of hormones. The one you are on has very low estradiol.

Do not wait.

Also if you have a history of depression you need to let your doctor know.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:43 PM   #4
    sheepysheep
    (female)

sheepysheep HB User

Mirena did that to me. Thank god I got it out.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:26 PM   #5
    queenofhearts86
    (female)

queenofhearts86 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Has anybody else gone crazy while taking birth control??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheepysheep View Post
    Mirena did that to me. Thank god I got it out.
    You're not alone with your sensitivity to Progestin. Many friends have tried to convince me to get Mirena or Skyla but after my disaster with Nexplanon, I refuse (seeing as all three are Progestin-based). I tried Nexplanon for about 6 weeks and it made me almost go mentally insane. I also felt weak and tired every day (also from the constant bleeding) and lost my will to even get out of bed. I was exploding over the smallest things, my anxiety increased tenfold and everything made me want to cry. I had to have an emergency removal when my entire left arm felt like it was aching in pain with pins and needles shooting down to my forearm. It was terrifying! I can only imagine that for many people the IUD causes severe cramping? I learned from Nexplanon that it's just not natural to have something inserted inside your body, if you are unlucky like me it will hurt.

I wish my doctor had suggested trying the mini-pill first so I could gauge my reaction to the hormones in Nexplanon. I hope you found a good method that works for you now, I'm still searching and unsure.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:30 PM   #6
    sheepysheep
    (female)

sheepysheep HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by queenofhearts86 View Post
    You're not alone with your sensitivity to Progestin. Many friends have tried to convince me to get Mirena or Skyla but after my disaster with Nexplanon, I refuse (seeing as all three are Progestin-based). I tried Nexplanon for about 6 weeks and it made me almost go mentally insane. I also felt weak and tired every day (also from the constant bleeding) and lost my will to even get out of bed. I was exploding over the smallest things, my anxiety increased tenfold and everything made me want to cry. I had to have an emergency removal when my entire left arm felt like it was aching in pain with pins and needles shooting down to my forearm. It was terrifying! I can only imagine that for many people the IUD causes severe cramping? I learned from Nexplanon that it's just not natural to have something inserted inside your body, if you are unlucky like me it will hurt.

I wish my doctor had suggested trying the mini-pill first so I could gauge my reaction to the hormones in Nexplanon. I hope you found a good method that works for you now, I'm still searching and unsure.
    Oh I got Paragard in February and it works pretty amazingly for me. I have like zero cramps (on Mirena I also had cramps like all the time) and my period is back to normal. There's no hormones in it so I don't go insane.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anger, cramps, mood, pain, period