It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Early Period Concerns

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-03-2016, 10:12 AM   #1
    kcuth08
    (female)

kcuth08 HB User
    Question Early Period Concerns

Ive been on ortho-tricyclen lo for about 2 years now, I take it nightly and very seldom miss a pill. Last month I had random spotting/bleeding for about 1.5 weeks then got my period as normal, this month no spotting but my period came a few days EARLY - I still had an an active pill left (I always start 3-4 days in the placebo pills) and this has been the longest period I've ever had, going on 6 days when before and during BC its only been 3-4 days long. Im sure its nothing just very strange as this has never happened before.

Someone told me its possible that where I'm on the lo bc that I could have gotten used to it and the early period is caused by the pill being less effective. Not sure what truth is to that but any experiences or opinions would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
    havehope28
    (female)

havehope28 HB User
    Re: Early Period Concerns

I've been on ortho tricyclin for as long as I can remember. It could just be a fluke. 2 months ago I bled from the time my regular cycle was to end until my following cycle the next month. I had started my new pack of bc pills and I took them as I normally do and never missed one and continued to bleed for the whole month. I went and saw my obgyn to make sure everything checked out ok. It did and they said sometimes our body does weird things and it should straighten itself out. Thankfully did and it was a pain in the butt misshap. Hopefully this is the case for you too!

Closed Thread

Tags
    birth control issues, birth control pill ortho tri-cyclen, birth control pill period, early period, period