It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Scared to start ...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-13-2016, 06:25 AM   #1
    twentyonepilots
    (female)

twentyonepilots HB User
    Exclamation Scared to start ...

Hi everyone,

I've just been prescribed Levest to hopefully regulate and shorten my periods, but I've read nothing but bad reviews about it! I don't want my breasts to grow, I certainly don't want to gain weight and I don't want to be vomiting or be depressed since as of next week I'll be working abroad for three months!

I'm scared to start taking Levest and I'm thinking I just won't bother after what I've read so far

Have any of you ladies had any experiences with Levest? Good or bad, I want to know!

Thanks x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2016, 10:51 PM   #2
    havehope28
    (female)

havehope28 HB User
    Re: Scared to start ...

@twentyonepilots- I can understand being nervous to start something new. This happens to alot of people (myself included) when they are getting ready to start a new medication and start to read up on it. You read 'horror' stories and then you start to panic thinking it's going to happen to you. Just because the side effects list weight gain, breast growth, depression etc doesn't mean it's going to happen to you. If only 1 person out of a 1000 has that side effect they list it.
    My advice would be to take a deep breath and relax. Talk to your Dr about your concerns and ask for their advice and see if they have any other clients on this brand and if they have experienced any of the symptoms you are scared of.
    You can always try it and if it doesn't work for you try something else. Everyone's body reacts differently and just because something isn't working for them doesn't mean it won't work for you!

Closed Thread