It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• How long does it take for your estrogen levels to go down after stoping birth control

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #1
    lulup
    (female)

lulup HB User
    How long does it take for your estrogen levels to go down after stoping birth control

Around August 12-15 I was suppose to go back to get my second birth control shot, but I decided I don't want to be on birth control considering I'm not really sexually active. It has been about 2 months since August, and I have been on my period for those 2 months and still am. I have a physical exam coming up at the doctors, I was wondering if they can find out that I was on birth control 2 months ago through tests? Also if its normal for me to be on my period for 2 months straight?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2017, 08:09 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: How long does it take for your estrogen levels to go down after stoping birth con

Hello. No, it is not normal for you to bleed for 2 months straight. This is something you should be talking to your GYN about or whoever gave you the birth control shot.

As far as the physical goes, I am not sure why you wouldn't tell them you were on birth control until 2 months ago...but yes, it very well may show up on the blood work. If you are hiding this for some reason, I would come forward with the information so that they know why your blood levels may not be normal.

But please go see someone about bleeding for 2 months straight...this is not normal and a possible sign that something is wrong.

Reply Reply