It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Ortho Tri Cyclen LO

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #1
    Cherry1957
    (female)

Cherry1957 HB User
    Ortho Tri Cyclen LO

Im asking for my daughter shes 23 years old and has been on
    Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo Tabs 28 for about 4 years with no issuses. Ortho Tri Cyclen is no longer going to be manufacturing this and she has been switched to Tri-Lo-Sprintec Tablets 28s "they" claim its the same but inactive ingredients are different. Has anyone else dealing with this and have there been any issues changing over??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Ortho Tri Cyclen LO

Inactive ingredients are just fillers and it doesn't really matter what the inactive ingredient is as long as the levels of estrogen/ progesterone are the same.
    I have changed pills in the past from brand to generic and from brand to brand; they each had the same amounts of estrogen in them and I never had a problem with switching. Your daughter should be careful of backup protection for the first few weeks on a new pill though- just to make sure that the "filler' in it isnt going to affect her differently. There are a few fillers which are synthetic which some people have reactions to. She should ask her doctor about this.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
    Cherry1957 (12-15-2018)
    Old 12-14-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Ortho Tri Cyclen LO

Dear Cherry,

I am very sensitive to fillers, myself. so I try to avoid generics. I suggest that you ask to speak to a pharmacist and ask about the possible side effects of the different fillers. If one cannot help, ask at a different pharmacy.

The Following User Says Thank You to yayagirl For This Useful Post:
    Cherry1957 (12-15-2018)
    Reply Reply