It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Can my BC change the way I feel for my partner?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-14-2019, 06:45 PM   #1
    rainedbows
    (female)

rainedbows HB User
    Can my BC change the way I feel for my partner?

I've always had crazy emotional PMS issues so I was on a hormonal birth control for years (and a lower dose SSRI for the last 2 years - still taking) to keep it in check the best I could. Due to cost, I had to change my BC to a levonorgestrel IUD about 9 months ago. I've experienced a lot of physical changes since the switch (acne, cramps, etc.) but emotionally I have been about the same with my previous BC.

I can't exactly pinpoint an exact time, but in the last year or so I have seen my partner as more as a friend than a romantic partner. We have been together for years, so initially I thought it could be that we lost some of the spark we once had. At times now I wonder if the BC could have some effect on my feelings for him. I have heard before that feelings/passions can change with BC, but I can't find much for research on IUDs with similar results. I still have the same joy and passions in other areas in my life as I did before. We do not have children.

Though it currently feels like a friendship, I do love him. I thought about having the IUD removed to see if it truly had an impact on my feelings, but it would be too expensive to replace. Still, the bigger price would be moving on when it was the IUD.

Has anyone experienced these symptoms or have any insight? Thank you for any and all suggestions!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply