It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• anyone take Yasmin or Alesse BCP?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-28-2004, 05:46 PM   #1
    regime
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

regime HB User
    anyone take Yasmin or Alesse BCP?

Did you gain weight on any of them? Did you have any other side effects? I know Alesse can make you break out or grow body hair lol but I hear Yasmin is good for cramping and your skin!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2004, 10:29 PM   #2
    Blondee15
    Veteran

Blondee15 HB User
    Re: anyone take Yasmin or Alesse BCP?

I've taken botha ctually.. Alesse wasn't strong enough to control my cramps yet I still had all that sickness that comes with taking the pill, water retention, mornign sickness, etc.
    I like Yasmin though. As long as I take it consistently, same time, I have little to no period problems, just cramps that are easily controlled now by advil(which before needed narcotics to suppress).
    Yasmin does help your skin a ton, all I need now is water to wash it & it's perfectly. clear. I like it a lot. Plus you lose all the water weight you might have on you when you first start on it.. it's kinda nice=)

Old 07-29-2004, 05:13 AM   #3
    regime
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

regime HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blondee15
    I've taken botha ctually.. Alesse wasn't strong enough to control my cramps yet I still had all that sickness that comes with taking the pill, water retention, mornign sickness, etc.
    I like Yasmin though. As long as I take it consistently, same time, I have little to no period problems, just cramps that are easily controlled now by advil(which before needed narcotics to suppress).
    Yasmin does help your skin a ton, all I need now is water to wash it & it's perfectly. clear. I like it a lot. Plus you lose all the water weight you might have on you when you first start on it.. it's kinda nice=)
    so did you gain any weight after you started the yasmin? i know you said you lose the water weight when your FIRST start.

Old 07-29-2004, 05:51 AM   #4
    ScaredKitty

ScaredKitty HB User

I gained 5 lbs on alesse, but I lost it easily with little or no effort. Just a week of watching my diet, and it was gone. Mostly water retention Im assuming. I have no cramping at all on them, and I got cramps so bad it'd make me sick if I got up and moved. I don't really have any PMS symptoms or anything anymore. And my period has been considerably lighter. Im not sure about the hair growth thing, Ive got too much testosterone, so I tend to have a little more hair than i should, so I didnt really notice a difference with the pill. And my skin has cleared up a bit being on them, though it was never too bad to start with. And my breasts also grew a cup size and a half cant complain there.

It all really depends on you and your body. Each and every pill will give you different results than it will someone else taking it. So your best bet is to try them out yourselves. I know people on alesse who gained 15 plus pounds, and some who dropped about 10. some got larger breasts, other saw no change. Some had no symptoms anymore, others got extra symptoms on top of it. It all really just depends on your body, so as many people can tell you their side effects as you want, but until you take it, you wont know what it's going to do to you. Its a guessing game pretty much.

Old 07-29-2004, 06:36 AM   #5
    SweetPuff
    (female)

SweetPuff HB User

Yasmin for me: No weight gain, no heavy periods or cramping, clear skin!
    (It's broken out now for the past few months, but I think it's due to other issues. It's been clear for over a year on Yasmin)

Old 07-29-2004, 08:12 AM   #6
    Blondee15
    Veteran

Blondee15 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by regime
    so did you gain any weight after you started the yasmin? i know you said you lose the water weight when your FIRST start.
    nope but unlike another poster on here, my boobs also lost weight lol.. they are considerably smaller since i've been on yasmin=(

Old 07-29-2004, 02:27 PM   #7
    rush_rulz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rush_rulz HB User

Hi there!

Yes, I've taken both, they are the only two i've had. Aleese for my 1st pill, and it did make me gain weight, though gradually, I think it was water weight mostly. Yasmin is suppossed to cause less of that (water gain), however, I still get cramps badly....more so w/ Aleese, though. I am on Yasmin right now, and I have seen some clearing up w/ the skin, it's a little better. I still break out though....

Old 07-29-2004, 07:37 PM   #8
    latayy26
    Veteran
    (female)

latayy26 HB User

Alesse made my skin SO horrible I can't even describe. I never had an acne problem until I began taking Alesse. Now I am on Yasmin and it has done wonders to get my smooth skin back. No weight gain on either.

Old 07-29-2004, 09:12 PM   #9
    mystikal

mystikal HB User

hmmm i had opposite side effects to yasmin .... i gained weight, i was depressed, i had spotting for over 3 weeks, my skin seemed the same and i was generally down about everything and felt like crap on yasmin.

i guess everyones different, but i was really disappointed as i tend to gain weight easily and have in the past have had history of depression and panic attacks ... i may try it again tho in a few months time as i must admit i stuffed around with it and in the first week i forgot to take a pill one of the days and just took 2 instead the night after (over 12 hours time from when i usually have it in the morning) ... so obv. this may have caused the instant surge of depression, constant bleeding and other sever side effects ....

Old 07-31-2004, 08:53 PM   #10
    Mecpcpj
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mecpcpj HB User

I just got off of Alesse after using it for 4 months. I couldn't stand it! It was the worst pill I've tried (I've also been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen and Mircette). I had weight gain, horrible bloating all month, moodiness and cramping during my period. I also had breakthrough bleeding and terrible acne (which I didn't have on the other pills). Everyone's different though... maybe it'll work for you. Good luck!

Old 08-03-2004, 09:51 AM   #11
    heatherrl74

heatherrl74 HB User

You all answered my questions then as well. LOL
    I am suppose to start taking Yasmin upon starting my period in a few weeks. Mine isn't for contraception, it is for ovarian pain when I ovulate. They call it Mittelscherz. Anyway, I was wondering what the side effects were. I have had history of acne and I am at the age to where I gain weight as fast as I lose it. So, thanks all for your input. Oh...One more question..does it effect ones sex drive? hehe No one asked that or said anything about it, so I thought that I would ask.

Closed Thread