It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Pill vs the Patch ??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2004, 08:53 PM   #1
    Tweets

Tweets HB User
    Lightbulb Pill vs the Patch ??

Hello there-

I was on the pill for about 4 yrs and I lost my sex drive and gained about 20 lbs with it. Now Im off of the Pill and lost 10 of the 20 lbs.. YAY.. but anyways here is the question. I was thinking about going on the patch-- Does anyone have anything that they know is bad about the patch? Sife effects?? Weight Gain? Pains? anything.

Im going to see my doctor on Tuesday and I dont' want to get back on the pill getting off of it 6 mths ago was a nightmare.. I think I got my period 3 times in those 6 mths. Talk about scaring the crap out of your partner !! anyways--

Can someone give me some advice and or opinions they have on the Patch or the pill??

Also Has anyone else has the period problems getting off the pill?? how long does it usually take to get your periods back on track?? Any advice is good Advice here!!

Thank you-- Tweets?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2004, 08:57 AM   #2
    atvgirl03

atvgirl03 HB User
    Re: Pill vs the Patch ??

Ive gained about 10 lbs on the patch. And the first 3 months of taking it were hell. I was a raging b**** I dont know how my boyfriend even stayed with me. It did make my boobs bigger (Thats a plus) but they were also really sore, I mean really really sore. And its been over 6 months that I have been taking it and sometimes it makes me sick and I throw up when I put a new patch on, that was a couple of time last month, this month everything was fine. But I still take it because I CAN NOT remember to take the pill. Thats just my 2 cents.

Old 08-16-2004, 10:11 AM   #3
    Tweets

Tweets HB User

Had you been on the pill before?? Just wondering if it was close to the same problems?

Old 08-17-2004, 04:32 PM   #4
    atvgirl03

atvgirl03 HB User

Yeah Ive tried Ortho Tri-Cyclen, which gave me headaches made me crabby, etc. And Ive tried Yasmin which does not help your sex drive and I had all kinds of problems with it. And on top of that I could never remember to take them. I tried to Depo shot, that was a living nightmare. I had my period for 3 months and I couldnt stand to be around my self. I can NOT find a birth control that doesnt effect my hormones or sex drive or my body. I HATE BIRTH CONTROL I dont understand why they cant make something for men to take. If you have any suggestions for me I will try something else but so far I havent had luck with anything.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:34 PM   #5
    jill30
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jill30 HB User

What side effects did you have when you where on Yasmine?

Old 08-18-2004, 09:48 AM   #6
    Tweets

Tweets HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by atvgirl03
    Yeah Ive tried Ortho Tri-Cyclen, which gave me headaches made me crabby, etc. And Ive tried Yasmin which does not help your sex drive and I had all kinds of problems with it. And on top of that I could never remember to take them. I tried to Depo shot, that was a living nightmare. I had my period for 3 months and I couldnt stand to be around my self. I can NOT find a birth control that doesnt effect my hormones or sex drive or my body. I HATE BIRTH CONTROL I dont understand why they cant make something for men to take. If you have any suggestions for me I will try something else but so far I havent had luck with anything.
    Try something with as little hormones as possible.. Try The Pill Alesse or Desagen (think thats how to spell it) They are supposed to be the best ones for that. I was on Alesse for over 2 yrs and I didn't mind it.. I tried Ortho-Cept I had 9 day periods, Ortho-Tri Headaches and Bloated all the time- Some weird Orange pill don't even remember the name but i know it made me Real Gassy-- I'd say to try Alesse. I would recommend it. I just started the Patch today and with the money i spent on it I'll do it for the 3 mths and then back to Alesse! Try that Good Luck! O- yeah and I got off the pill because I was on it for 4 yrs and I thought you shouldn't be on it for a long time. But Now my period is all screwed up so I want back on to know when its coming! hehe..

Closed Thread