It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Going back on Diane 35 - help please!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-10-2004, 07:18 PM   #1
    thelms_

thelms_ HB User
    Question Going back on Diane 35 - help please!

I went off Diane 35 6 months ago and finally had my first period on Sept 1st. I want to go back on it because my skin is gradually breaking out more everyday. My question is, can I just start taking the pill again without waiting till the first day of my cycle (I have no idea when I will get another period and I don't want to wait)? Any advice would be appreciated...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2004, 09:53 PM   #2
    shalimar

shalimar HB User
    Re: Going back on Diane 35 - help please!

Hi Thelms,

Ive also been on diane 35, and have been off of it for about a year now. I guess like me you were on it because of irregular cycles/pms pain,and i mean PAIN!!..i think its been good for me because now i get my own period (once a month, pretty regular and not too much pain). I think you have to wait till the first day of your period for diane....maybe you could ask your doc for something that will let you have your period without having to wait naturally since that might take up to 6 months....then you could start diane again. ive had a lot of luck with diane and id reccomend it to anyone having similar problems ..be wary of some weight gain...when on diane, eat right and exercise.good luck

Old 09-10-2004, 09:54 PM   #3
    shalimar

shalimar HB User

oh and btw if your only concern is breaking out, ortho evra also helps with that, i think its lower hormone that diane so you wont get irritated as much (i used to get like that a couple of days before period when on diane).

Old 09-11-2004, 12:28 AM   #4
    thelms_

thelms_ HB User

hi shalimar
    thanks so much for your advice, im going to stick it out till my next period (whenever that may be!), if my skin hasn't shown signs of clearing up then ill start diane again...im taking some herbal products recommended by my doctor to combat my breakouts at the moment...so fingers crossed they start to kick in. thanks again

Old 09-11-2004, 03:01 AM   #5
    Shakira
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Shakira HB User

Shalimar, did you gain any weight while you were on Dianne? If so, how long did it take before you started gaining and how much weight did you gain?

Old 09-15-2004, 11:51 PM   #6
    shalimar

shalimar HB User

Hi Shakira,

sorry for not getting back to you earlier, i didnt check this forum until now. Long story first, the first BC pill i was on was Diane-35, when i was about 15, and it was to control painful periods rather than to be used as birth control.I gained about 5 pounds in 2 months then, and i hadnt changed my eating or exercising. The doc that put on me on Diane didnt tell me anything about a possibility of weight gain. Around that time though (2 months later) i changed doctors and the doc decided to keep me in diane but told me i needed to exercise everyday because diane is known to cause weight gain. I upped the exercises and i dropped the weight real easy. Its not a big deal, but you need to watch what you eat and esp exercise.Good luck both of you ..also if youre gonna be on this pill, i reccommend evening primrose oil esp the week before your period if you dont want to get too moody!!

Old 09-16-2004, 10:45 AM   #7
    bordrgrl
    Inactive
    (female)

bordrgrl HB User

If you ovulated already and start taking it your period will come in the middle of the pack. If you're interested, spironolactone does the same thing as Diane, minus the birth control and minus the side effects

Closed Thread