It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Bleeding on birth control pills

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-23-2004, 06:29 PM   #1
    Surrealgurl

Surrealgurl HB User
    Question Bleeding on birth control pills

Hi everyone

I just recently started taking the birth control pill, Loestrin 1.5/30.

I've been taking it for almost two weeks, and I had some spotting almost every day. Now today, it's like my period started again but I have another 9 pills to go in this pack yet! Why is my period started already?

Is this normal when first taking the pill, or should I change the brand? Has anyone else here gone through something similar and had it go away after a while?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2004, 11:17 AM   #2
    Surrealgurl

Surrealgurl HB User
    Re: Bleeding on birth control pills

Can someone please respond? I don't know what to do.

I'm still spotting and it's been 6 days since I posted. I tried to get an appointment with my Doctor but she won't be in again until November 1, another month!

Please help

Old 09-29-2004, 04:49 PM   #3
    monarchangel
    Veteran

monarchangel HB User

Were you on another pill before? Were your periods regualr before? You really need to give your body time to adjust, but why did you start to take it in the middle of your cycle. Are you sure you started it on the right day? Give a little more information and maybe I can help. Good luck

Old 09-29-2004, 05:34 PM   #4
    leogrrl28

leogrrl28 HB User

sometimes your pill could be too strong 4 your body, or too weak, u should talk 2 your doc.

Old 09-29-2004, 07:07 PM   #5
    Surrealgurl

Surrealgurl HB User

Thanks for responding. I'll try to explain it better and give more information.

I haven't been on the pill for almost 3 years.

I was on the pill before, for about 8 years. Then I went off of them and had a baby. Loestrin was one of the pills I used to be on before and I don't think I ever had a problem with it.

My periods were always regular, both on the pill and off.

I started taking this pill (Loestrin) 1 day after my period started, on a Sunday. So I'm pretty sure I started taking it the right way.

So during the first week of taking the pill I was having my normal period, followed by a few days of spotting, going into the second week of taking the pills. After that I had about 2 days of no spotting. Then, about mid-cycle, another period started. I am currently in the third week of the pills and it's down to spotting again. I have only 3 more pills to go in this pack, and I guess then I should expect to have yet another period. 3 periods in one month.

I don't know if I should continue taking these pills or not. I don't really want to go through another pack of pills bleeding again. And like I said before, I never had this problem with these pills before, so I don't understand why I'm having all this bleeding now? Could my body be different now, and responding to these pills differently or something?

Sorry this got so long!

Old 10-06-2004, 06:38 AM   #6
    kind heart

kind heart HB User

You should ask your md to put you on another pill if your not happy. Your body usually takes 3 months to get accustomed to your bc pills. Spotting can definately be a pain. Thier are other pills out there that can minimize you spotting. Just call your MD

Old 10-06-2004, 08:49 AM   #7
    mandersBC
    (female)

mandersBC HB User

Do you take your pill at the same time every day? I know that when I took my pill a little later than normal, on occasion it would cause some spotting. My body took a couple months to adjust when I was on Estrostep FE, too. I'd spot pretty much the whole month. It is also possible that this just isn't the pill for you...

Old 10-08-2004, 05:14 PM   #8
    BiBi57

BiBi57 HB User

I took Loestrin and the first time I tried it, I had a very heavy, very painful period about a week into it. I swore I would never take another BCP. My doctor said I should continue taking it until my body adjusted to it...but no way! This was the worst cramping I had every had and I am 45 years old!

Old 10-09-2004, 07:40 PM   #9
    Surrealgurl

Surrealgurl HB User

Thanks for your replies, everyone!

I don't think I'll be taking anymore of these pills. I bled for practically the whole month I took the pills. About 3 or 4 days after I finished taking them I stopped bleeding, finally!

I think we'll just go back to the condom method for another while.

Closed Thread