HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Birth Control (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/birth-control/)
-   -   Ortho-Tri-Lo & weight gain (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/birth-control/232004-ortho-tri-lo-weight-gain.html)

AnnaMarie99 12-10-2004 12:25 PM

Ortho-Tri-Lo & weight gain

I switched about 4 months ago from Otho-Tri to Ortho-Tri-Lo. Since then I have packed on about 10 pounds. I have just switched over to Yasmin & was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with Ortho-Tri-Lo? Also, does the weight come off after you switch brands, or do you need to go off the pill completely? Many thanks...

Rms11 12-10-2004 12:49 PM

Re: Ortho-Tri-Lo & weight gain

I havent had the problem on orth tri lo but every woman is different. Each pill will react to your body differently, so yasmin could go either way. You have to work to get the weight off, it isn't just going to disappear once you go off the pill. Take care.

BJM04 12-11-2004 06:26 AM

True once you've gained the weight it wont come of by puttinga difernt bc pill in oyur mouth daliy...YOu;ll needto shed it through eating less adn exercise...ALot fo tiems the birth control pills increase appetites due to the pill tricking the body into thiking its Pregant you can take on Pregant woman side effects...like increased it appetite,naseusea,breast tenderness, change in sex drive etc..skin changes etc....

Mecpcpj 12-12-2004 08:23 PM

AnnMarie, I can totally relate! I've been on OTC Lo since August and I've put on 7 pounds gradually. My belly sticks out like I'm pregnant (but I'm def. not) and my whole body seems to think it is (sore breasts, increased appetite, etc;). I'm thinking of switching because I don't want to put on anymore weight. Good luck!

AnnaMarie99 12-13-2004 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=Mecpcpj]AnnMarie, I can totally relate! I've been on OTC Lo since August and I've put on 7 pounds gradually. My belly sticks out like I'm pregnant (but I'm def. not) and my whole body seems to think it is (sore breasts, increased appetite, etc;). I'm thinking of switching because I don't want to put on anymore weight. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Well, I have been off OTC Lo for ablout 3 weeks and on Yasmin for 2 weeks now and have dropped a few pounds. My diet & exercise are the same - but my clothes are not as tight. I would recommend Yasmin. Good luck!

monarchangel 12-13-2004 12:31 PM

I gained almost fifteen pounds in the past year and a half since I have been on the pill. Plus, my skin is awful. It is a weird color and I never had acne before. I always used to weigh 140 pounds and I could lose and gain 5 pounds easily. Now, I exericse 4x a week and I follow a strict diet and I can not lose one pound. It is one of the reasons I just stopped the pill. Everyone is different, but sometimes I feel like taking the pill realy messed up my heatlh. Good luck