It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Ortho-Tri-Lo & weight gain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-10-2004, 12:25 PM   #1
    AnnaMarie99
    (female)

AnnaMarie99 HB User
    Ortho-Tri-Lo & weight gain

I switched about 4 months ago from Otho-Tri to Ortho-Tri-Lo. Since then I have packed on about 10 pounds. I have just switched over to Yasmin & was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with Ortho-Tri-Lo? Also, does the weight come off after you switch brands, or do you need to go off the pill completely? Many thanks...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2004, 12:49 PM   #2
    Rms11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Rms11 HB User
    Re: Ortho-Tri-Lo & weight gain

I havent had the problem on orth tri lo but every woman is different. Each pill will react to your body differently, so yasmin could go either way. You have to work to get the weight off, it isn't just going to disappear once you go off the pill. Take care.

Old 12-11-2004, 06:26 AM   #3
    BJM04
    Veteran
    (female)

BJM04 HB User

True once you've gained the weight it wont come of by puttinga difernt bc pill in oyur mouth daliy...YOu;ll needto shed it through eating less adn exercise...ALot fo tiems the birth control pills increase appetites due to the pill tricking the body into thiking its Pregant you can take on Pregant woman side effects...like increased it appetite,naseusea,breast tenderness, change in sex drive etc..skin changes etc....

Old 12-12-2004, 08:23 PM   #4
    Mecpcpj
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mecpcpj HB User

AnnMarie, I can totally relate! I've been on OTC Lo since August and I've put on 7 pounds gradually. My belly sticks out like I'm pregnant (but I'm def. not) and my whole body seems to think it is (sore breasts, increased appetite, etc. I'm thinking of switching because I don't want to put on anymore weight. Good luck!

Old 12-13-2004, 11:18 AM   #5
    AnnaMarie99
    (female)

AnnaMarie99 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mecpcpj
    AnnMarie, I can totally relate! I've been on OTC Lo since August and I've put on 7 pounds gradually. My belly sticks out like I'm pregnant (but I'm def. not) and my whole body seems to think it is (sore breasts, increased appetite, etc. I'm thinking of switching because I don't want to put on anymore weight. Good luck!
    Well, I have been off OTC Lo for ablout 3 weeks and on Yasmin for 2 weeks now and have dropped a few pounds. My diet & exercise are the same - but my clothes are not as tight. I would recommend Yasmin. Good luck!

Old 12-13-2004, 12:31 PM   #6
    monarchangel
    Veteran

monarchangel HB User

I gained almost fifteen pounds in the past year and a half since I have been on the pill. Plus, my skin is awful. It is a weird color and I never had acne before. I always used to weigh 140 pounds and I could lose and gain 5 pounds easily. Now, I exericse 4x a week and I follow a strict diet and I can not lose one pound. It is one of the reasons I just stopped the pill. Everyone is different, but sometimes I feel like taking the pill realy messed up my heatlh. Good luck

Closed Thread