It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Ortho Cyclen

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-13-2005, 03:38 PM   #1
    Gwen67
    (female)

Gwen67 HB User
    Ortho Cyclen

hi,

I was wondering if anybody has tried Ortho Cyclen before and what their experiences were with it? It doesn't seem to be very popular...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2005, 10:30 AM   #2
    Roxygirl
    (female)

Roxygirl HB User
    Re: Ortho Cyclen

I have a mixed review of Ortho Tri Cyclen. I went on it the first time for 3 years and loved it. I went on it for acne and it cleared up totally and I had not weight gain. I went off it for a year after breaking up with my long term boyfriend and I broke out horribly and went back on Ortho Tri. I gained 10 lbs the second time! I had no idea why since I run and eat healthy! I asked my dr. and he said switching bc pills can cause the body to react (and weight can fluctuate!) So now I've been on Alesse for a year and I have low to no side affects like moodiness or swollen-ness. But, it hasn't cleared my skin. I'm thinking of going back on Ortho Tri-Cyclen, But if I were you, I would try Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. Lower doses are much better. Regular BC pills have around 35 mcg of hormones like Progestin. Alesse has 20 mcg, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo ahs 25. Lower dose = less side affects!

Old 02-20-2005, 10:52 AM   #3
    kerry403
    (female)

kerry403 HB User
    I've tried ortho cyclen, ortho tri cyclen, & ortho tri cyclen lo

Both ortho Cylcen & ortho tri cyclen made me regular & no break thru bleeding but the side effects were bad on me as most bc pills I've tried. I had headaches, depression, weight gain, no sex drive, etc. When I tried Ortho tri cyclen lo, the side effects weren't as bad but it didn't make me regular & I had a lot of break thru bleeding & cramping. But, I'm not really the one to ask since I havn't had any luck at all with any pills. If the hormones are strong enough to work, the side effects are awful but if they are low enough that the side effects are better, than they don't work for what I need. I'm now using the nuva ring & so far no break thru bleeding or side effects. A little cramping but it does seem to be going away.

Closed Thread