It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• depo shot

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #16
    fallenleaf
    (female)

fallenleaf HB User
    Re: depo shot

I don't know if the orginal poster is still reading this but I had to put my two cents in.

I was on depo for 2 years, (the health clinic told me about the bone stuff AFTER that time, thanks ) I had bleeding only when I would have sex, and not spotting either. Wouldn't start any other time, and it would go away after about an hour. It was a big inconvenience. Kills mood, kinda gross, messy ect... And finally I started the pill, but although it helped I still wasn't "fixed". ALSO I had MAJOR mood swings like pms all the time (that started with depo)!! I know this isn't an option for you but since I already had two kids at an early age (15 & 19) I decided to have my tubes tied. I was on birth control pills about 6 months. It took 4 months of having no artifical hormones in my body what so ever to get straightned out. Now I'm every 26 days. And I'm a sane women a good portion of the month

I know you will have to use something but I've used the pill before with much better results. And the patch may be better for you? It's only once a week for 3 weeks and one week off (although I didn't like it because it made me itch under it and have bandaid gunk type stuff around it. ) But that's pretty minor compared to having a child for 18 years when your not ready for it. (and I know all about that).

I really hope everyone that reads this chooses something differnt than depo.

One more thing, good job to the poster for answering one of the questions she had about the actual exam, I think we got wrapped up in the depo business & forgot about that. The depo is a big decision though, it's not all care free like they want you to think. IT IS ON YOUR mind way more than every 3 months.

Last edited by fallenleaf; 08-05-2006 at 07:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread